chapter 3

it was a early monday morning, which meant it was time for school, which i usually dreaded. but today was different, i was excited not because of the school part because i got to see Jack.

I rolled out of bed and threw on black leggings and one of Coops old sweatshirts. i grabbed my backpack and went downstairs to my family eating breakfast, yogurt and fruit. i got some and started to eat before i realized we had to leave, like 5 minutes ago.

"Cooper let's go we're gonna be late" i yelled through the house. A couple seconds later Coop came running down the stairs with his backpack and books in his hand, quickly shoving his books and computer into his bag. me and him walked out the front door to my car. we turned some music on and started to drive. About 10 min later we arrived at school. we walked through the familiar school doors and parted ways. i made my way to my locker making small talk with some people in the hallway as i finally reached the hallway where my locker was i saw a familiar face at my locker.

"Hughes" i yelled down the hallway. "what are you doing at my locker" i smiled.

"nothing just making sure you get to class safe" he smiled back.

"ok sure" i laughed. i threw my other books in my locker and grabbed the stuff i needed and we walked down the hall to our first class.

"I think i'm gonna come over after school, you know before me and Cooper have to go to practice" he looked over at me.

"ugh why" i said sarcastically. "just kidding, you and cooper just can't bother me cause i have a lot of homework".

"i can help you with it duh" he said as he rolled his eyes.

"um no, jack you have horrible grades" i said as we reached the classroom door.

"i do not" he whispered as we walked into the classroom. we walked to our spots which were right next to each other with our friends alex and cole behind us.
-
after the long boring day we found cooper and headed to my car. we all got in and i turned on some music and headed home. we pulled into our driveway and everyone got out of my car and since mom and dad were still at work we all went up to our rooms. cooper and jack started to play x-box and i started on my homework.

A couple minutes later i heard my bedroom door open, obviously i knew who it was. "Jack im doing homework get out" i said while trying to type my essay for english.

"I just wanna help please" he whined.

"omg your grades are horrible no" i laughed and got out of desk chair and went and sat on my bed since i wasnt gonna get anything done anyway. Once I sat down I patted my hand on my bed to indicate I wanted him to come sit next to me and he did.

"what did you actually wanna come in my room for and what did you tell my brother?" i laughed.

"mmm i dont know" he let out a small smile and shrugged.

"whatever" i paused and rolled my eyes "what do you wanna watch" i asked grabbing my remote.

"i dont care, you pick" he shrugged

"jack literally pick something".finally we decided on survivor. we snuggled up against each other, it felt like we've been dating for years. but that only lasted about 30 minutes until cooper had to ruin the moment.

"hockey practice is canceled" cooper cheered as he walked into my room. "there's supposed to be a ice storm in like 10 min" he said before any of us could ask why.

"dam" jack said. cooper got bored of watching us cuddle and walked out.

"i have a great idea" i said as i looked up at him.

"and what is that" he asked.

"since it's gonna ice storm, and schools probably gonna be canceled tomorrow, you could just stay over night" i smiled. "just tell my mom your staying with cooper, she'll be fine with it" i pleaded.

"ugh fine only if you let me sleep in here and NOT with cooper" he said wide-eyed.

"obviously that's the whole idea" i rolled my eyes.

"COOPER" i yelled through the house and a few moments later he came running in.

"what" cooper asked.

"go ask mom if jack can stay over" i begged.

"whatever love birds" he rolled his eyes as he walked out of my room. we waited about 5 minutes until he came back in and said that our mom it was fine and walked back out.

"i'm sleeping over" he said happily.

"wow the jack hughes actually wants to spend time with me" i said putting my hand to my chest pretending to be honored.

"of course i do look at you" he let out a big smile. i did the same. we kept watching the show, still cuddled up against each other. until cooper came in.

"i'm gonna sleep in here so mom doesn't get suspicious" he said unhappily which made me laugh. cooper laid next to me and jack and started to watch the show with us. it was already pretty late and i was starting to doze off and so was Jack. as i was dozing off but as i was falling asleep i could hear cooper reach for my phone i didn't think anything of it.

but then i remembered cooper knew my phone password.