chapter 25

I woke up the next morning to a bunch of teenage boys sleeping on the floor. but I felt jacks arms wrapped around me.

"ugh," I groaned and rolled off the couch to go to the bathroom. I washed my face with the guest face wash that was down there and then ava walked in.

"hey girl" she smiled looking very tired and her hair a mess. "hey aves" I replied and laughed at her.
-
once everyone was up we decided we would all take a road trip and go to Marquette to walk around and stay overnight. we all packed swimsuits money and clothes and more. we all piled in my car. me and jack in the front seat. ava cooper cole in the next row, and in the last row sat alex all by himself. the whole car ride we listened to all sorts of music and finally, after about 3 hours we were there. most of them were sleeping but me and ava woke them up.

"i don't understand how they sleep so much" i asked shaking my head. we pulled into the nearest hotel and asked if we could get a huge room. the biggest room they had was 2 queen beds and bunk beds. we all agreed that it would work and we all put our money together to get the room.

we walked up and dropped our bags. "me and ellie call this bed" jack jumped on the bed by the window. cooper and ava took the other bed and alex and cole took the bunk beds. we put our swimsuits on under our clothes and headed back to the jeep to start our exploration.

"so where are we headed first" jack said climbing into the front seat.

"that is a great question" i said turning on some morgan wallen. we drove around a little and found a cliff-jumping spot. we all had a lot of fun, probably too much. we stayed there for about 4 hours until we wanted food.

we drove to a local salad and smoothie shop, and it was good there was some cute shops nearby so we walked around in those. "jack look at these cute sweatshirts, let's get matching ones" i looked at the brown haired boy next to me. he just rolled his eyes but bought them for us anyway.

after shopping when the sun started to set we went to the beach and swam a little bit and watched the sunset. alex and cole were messing around in the water and coop and ava were across the beach.

"wow, i could stay here forever" i smiled at jack.

"shhh, we have to take this 2 months to spend the most time with eachother as possible" he said dragging his finger across my lips. i just smiled.
-
it was later in the night and we were all in our beds watching a movie. the bunk beds were blocked off from us so alex and cole each took a bed and snuggled beside jack and cooper. it was around 2am and none of us were really tired.

"look the sun is rising" cole looked out the window.

"that is the parking lot light you dumb ass" jack laughed and we started laughing also. we all soon fell asleep around 3.

me and jack woke up at the same time and everyone was gone. i just groaned and let my head rest on his chest.

"those fuckers" he said running his hands through my hair. i just laid there. they came back shortly after and had brought us breakfast.

"well good morning love birds, what are we gonna do today before we head home" cole walked in the room yelling.

"umm we should go hiking" ava suggested,

"omg yes" i agreed. the boys didn't wanna go but they said they would for us. i put on a simple outfit and some tennis shoes.
-
we made it to the hiking spot and alex said that he'd lead us.the whole up all we heard was a lot
of complaints. we went up on a cliff thing to take pictures.

"ava i'm gonna fall" i screamed and laughed.

"good" alex laughed.

"alex shut it" jack hit his arm as cooper took our pictures. after our pictures were taken we kept hiking and finally the trail ended. "well that was fun eh" cole said hopping off the rock. before finally heading home we decided to stop at target and look around.

"look at these huge teddy bears" cole laughed and posed with it as jack took a picture to post a picture on his private story.

jackk🫶🏼🫶🏼
🔒 jacks priv

we all laughed at it before continuing to walk around the store

we all laughed at it before continuing to walk around the store. we all got matching sweatshirts that said "marquette michigan" across the front.

after our walk around target we decided that it was time to head home. we listened to country music and rap pretty much the whole way home.

"i'm gonna miss this" ava sighed looking at the setting sun out the window.

"i won't" cooper deadpanned. i just laughed and rolled my eyes. jack looked over at me and smiled. "do you wanna sleepover tonight" he mouthed to me, i just nodded my head and kept driving.
-
a couple hours later we pulled back into plymouth and i dropped alex and cole off at their houses since they only live 2 houses down from each other.

"bye cole" we all yelled as he walked out of the car. we just gave us a small wave and then his mom, Kelly, waved at us.

Then we drove to alexs house and he got out slowly, "see you guys later" alex winked and walked into his house. the other four of us pulled into my driveway. We all grabbed our bags out of the trunk and walked inside to some pizza on the table for us. heres some pizza kiddos, im at a local youth hockey game, be home soon - love dad 

we all ate some pizza and the boys wanted to go skating, but since it was the middle of summer we would have to wait until the youth game was done. the boys played video games and ava helped me pack a couple things that I wouldnt need for the next month. I sat on the edge of my bed and started to cry.

"ellie" ava came and wrapped her arm around me. I was never really THAT emotional about leaving for college, yes I thought about it everyday and it made me sad but today was different. It really set into me that I only had a little bit of time left with these people before everything would be just facetiming and them visiting every once in a while. A couple days ago cooper had told me that he was going to FSU also,he'd known for awhile but now it was official. So me cooper and alex all decided we would stay in an apartment, the boys were rooming and I was across the hall. Cooper and Jack walked up the stairs to 2 emotional wrecks, not what they expected to see.

"whats going on?" jack whispered to cooper. "mmm not sure" cooper whispered back. I wiped off my tears and threw on a thicker hoodie and my carhartt hat and we all acted like nothing happened and walked out to my car. ava and cooper were grabbing waters from the garage as me and jack sat in the car silently.

"well im not gonna act like i didnt see anything so what was that about" he cleared his throat.

"I'm just not ready to leave this all behind" I shrugged. Jack just hummed in response because ava and cooper started walking to the car. I pulled out of the driveway and shortly after pulled into the hockey rink. We all got out of the car as my dad was going to his. he tossed the keys to me and told me lock up after we were done.

jack helped me put my skates on as cooper and ava were already on the ice skating around.

"just saying i'll be visiting every week" he smiled.

"jack.. thats so expensive though" i sighed.

"I can do my classes online after the first 2 weeks for 2 months, then i'll be back in person for a couple months and then i'll be back , so ill be down by you more then you think" he smiled as we stepped on the ice. i just smiled back and realized that maybe wouldn't be so bad.