Practice makes Perfect

Chapter 7

There was a knock on Tut's door Sunday evening one weekend before his battle with Mental. Todd's mom opened the door yes? Hi ma'am my name is Jay I work with David at the Apollo, he sent me to speak with you and Todd may I come in? Sure.

Jay explained to Alexis and Todd everything. Why would big Willy want Todd to fail Jay? That's the thing he doesn't see Ms. Alexis sipping kool aide on ice Willy wants to see if Todd can rap under pressure and no one add's pressure like Mental he's known to embarass and crush his opponent when rapping basically the dozens is is his style using rap lyrics to get the job done.

Most rappers are so embarassed theh fold not knowing what to say back. Hell I've seen mental make rappers cry because the more he knows about a rapper the more embarrassing his rhymes become.

Good part is he don't know anything about Todd's personal life but he will go for his age and looks no offense Todd and his new wave rap approach.

New wave rap? Yes ma'am Todd is what we call a positive rapper he isn't a drill rapper he up lifts the community. With everyone rapping about killing and calling women out thier names Todd ain't on that. His rhymes are refreshing.

He has raised oir ratings by 80% in three weeks ma'am. Alexis Jay. Oh okay Alexis he smiled respectfully.

The record label's have been calling. I bet they have Todd is young handsome gifted and black they can make millions off him there's blood in the water and the sharks want your boy. Have you gotten a lawyer?

I have a family member that's an attorney Jay. That's right you said that.

Todd you have one week to come up with a rhyme here's a picture of Mental. Todd looked at the photo shaking his head this fat ugly negro is ranking on people he thought yeah okay. Jay how do we know he's even going to make it to the final round to battle Todd? Once you hear mental you will have your answer.

Jay ate dinner with them and left heading back uptown. Alexis stared at Todd smiling what mom?

You're about to take off Todd shine like light you are. I have to share you with the world now wiping her tears of joy.

You listen to me no matter what you are going to college understand? What if I'm on tour mom? Go online I don't want to hear it Todd you're gonna need something to fall back on when this rap thing is over have you thought of that? I did mom.

What career were you thinking? Museum Curator specializing in Egyptian artifacts. Alexis smiled what black boy say's that? One from the ghetto like us?

Curator? That's my son! Go get practicing Todd okay mom. Make me proud.

Todd fell asleep after practicing until four a.m what Alexis heard through the wall was on fire.

She head her son honing his craft writing and creating adding words then taking them away. She was happy to be a part of his music career journey.

Alexis prayed asking God to show her they way helping him in his career.

Six a.m her phone rang I know these recording people ain't calling here--

Hello! When are you going to tell my son I ain't dead woman? Who said I told him that? My nigga's told me. So you listen to gang member's over me? That was alway's the problem Tokyo, you're the problem.

Alexis I want to see my son. You can see your son on T.V. Saturday 11 p.m the show air's. Bring my son to riker's they about to transfer me update Lex I know I broke your heart, I know I blew it with the only woman who ever loved me.

Do you think I don't suffer everyday? Todd is my only child Lex. That's not what I heard you half black and chinese-

Japanese my father is Japanese Alexis you met my parents my son has Japanese blood take my son to see his grandmother hell yall live four blocks apart. My mom see her grandson and has to walk past him Lex? What kind of shit is that? Punish me but what did my mom ever do to you Lex?
You weren't speaking Chinese all that time Tokyo? My name is Tokyo and you thought I was Chinese? Hehe I guess that is ignorant.

Why did you take my son's last name away? I signed his birth certificate I never signed those other bitches paper work. I'm glad I didn't the state made me take DNA test's for child support purposes and not one of those kid's were mine Lex I mailed you proof of that last week.

Why Tokyo? He was quiet why? Because I love you Lex. You love me cause your son is about to blow up? Who do you think you're talking to Alexis? I was the  biggest money cleaner in the state don't do that.

I ain't some bum nigga off these street's you know my family background and know how I was raised. I've been calling since I been in here Todd was a newborn thirteen year's and I see my boy on T.V?

How did you know it was your son Tokyo? He look's like me and you know it because we met at his age Todd is a split image of me down to the eye color and japanese eye shape and feature's on a black man just like his father.

I didn't take his last name Tokyo it's still Kaneko I hyphenated it into my last name. Todd Kaneko-Carrington that's it Lex? Stop calling me Lex my name is Alexis. I call you Lex woman like I've been since we were twelve ain't nothing changing that.

Todd Tokyo Kaneko Carrington. Tokyo smiled do you know what my last name means? My son's last name? What Tokyo?

Golden child my golden child. He's my son kee not your's. Lex when you opened your legs and I nutted in you WE made a son stop pushing me away I ain't leaving my boy or you woman.

He's not your son Tokyo sorry I cheated on you. Hahha! Oh God that some funny fucking shit woman! You may wanna go past my mother's house and ask her to see a photo of me when I was thirteen before you keep making a damn fool of yourself.

Last you was a virgin we were each other's first you'd die before you let another man touch you with your shy quiet self. You can miss me with that bullshit Lex.

Alexis giggled you can't blame me for trying how much time did they give you? Fifteen for the embezzlement I'm down five thus the transfer to federal jail.

Flat? Flat could if been thirty if it didn't take the offer I didn't want to gamble Alexis.

I gotta go Todd is practicing with Mike today and taking Isis on a date. You're letting him date? He's too young. He's fine thank you Tokyo.

Tell my son I'm alive. Can't you died in a car accident when he was a baby. What you gonna say Lex when I walk the hell out of here?

I'll cross the road when I get to it Tokyo.

I love you Alexis if you have a ounce of love  for me tell my black son he has a black father in this world where black man are bred to be alone inside that loves him and is here for him Alexis please.

I'll think about it Tokyo. Thank you baby thank you. Good bye Kee. Tell Todd I love him and I'm proud of him by Lex.

Alexis hung up thinking of telling Todd but not before Saturday.

Todd hung up happy he had a dad.