How I Met His Siblings

"I'm hungry," Thai whined.

"That's why we're getting ice cream," I said as I met his glowing blue eyes.

"But that's not food," he complained shaking his head stubbornly so that his blonde curls fell in front of his eyes. He visibly pouted and flipped his hair back into place.

"Yeah but we had pizza like an hour ago," I told him rolling my eyes at his behavior, "Now go get me a chocolate sundae please."

"Fine ma belle, but it's only because I hate seeing you sad," he assured me and walked towards the cashier while I took my seat.

My eyes drifted towards a young couple walking by the shop holding hands and laughing and then towards a teenager who had just leaned over a table in the ice cream shop to kiss who I would assume to be his girlfriend. I sighed and leaned back into my chair. I wanted that. I craved a boyfriend. I was eighteen years old and I'd never had a boyfriend because I had an over-protective brother and his jock friends who would scare all the guys away.

Then again, I've never actually cared for a relationship before because I was into my books and I had great friends and a decent family so I was happy. But now I wanted someone who could be there for me in a way that Jace, Ari nor James could. I wanted someone who would make me blush and do nice things. Someone who wasn't scared of my brother and would fight for me. I wanted someone to cuddle with and make out for hours. But apparently that was asking for too much...

"Here you go," Thai placed my order before me and I smiled thankfully.

Thai was sweet and gorgeous, yeah I'll admit that but for some reason I wasn't attracted to him in that way and he understood. We were friends. I just wanted someone who can make me excited just by being in the same room as me. I wanted someone who could make me weak with their smile and give me butterflies in my tummy. Someone who could stare at me and I'd get lost. 

Oh no, I gasped out loud as I realised the guy I was describing did exist. There was one person who could make me do all these things. There was one guy who could make me feel these things.

Dylan.

"Oh no!" I gasped. Thai looked shocked by my sudden outburst.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Oh my gosh!" I panicked dropping my spoon into the ice cream which I had subconsciously half eaten.

"What's wrong?" he looked worried.

I couldn't believe it. It was the reason I was hurt by his make out in the hall way and his meeting with his ex-girlfriend. It's the reason I liked how he said my name. The reason I freaked when James fought him. It was why I got butterflies and blushed whenever I was around him. It was why I enjoyed our kiss together. 

What's wrong, Thai had asked? What's wrong is that I have a crush on Dylan. I liked my brother's sworn enemy, the boy I was forbidden to look at or talk to. I liked Dylan. Boy was that messed up!

"I can't," the words escaped my lips.

"Ma belle, I'm really worried here," Thai told me and I glanced back at him.

"Oh I'm sorry. I-ah-I just," I stuttered trying to think up a lie, "I just remembered that I didn't do homework which is-uh-due tomorrow."

"You're a bad liar. Tell me the truth," he insisted.

"Really it's just personal problems," I tried again.

"Don't lie to me. You can tell big brother Thai-"

"I just realized my period started," I blurted out and then grew red in embarrassment.

"Oh, ok," he looked a little disturbed.