How We Left The Table...

I got up out of my bed carefully and then walked towards my bedroom door. I lazily dragged myself downstairs and into the kitchen where my family was having breakfast. I yawned boisterously and stretched my arms out being careful with my sprain arm. Jace immediately jumped up from his seat and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, I'm an absolute jerk. I've become a bully towards Martin and I'm going to stop, I promise. I won't focus on him anymore, I won't pick fights, just please never not talk to me this long ever again," he told me all in one breath which made me laugh.

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise," he nodded.

"Okay. You're forgiven but James need to stop being a jerk towards both Martin and Ariana," I warned as I mumbled into his chest.

"I'll talk to him," he pulled away and stared at me, "How's your hand?"

"Okay but I won't be able to cheer for you guys for a couple of weeks," I complained and took a seat at the table with my parents, "Morning guys!"

"Good morning sweetheart," my mom and dad responded together. My mom gave him a knowing look and he leaned over and kissed her forehead lovingly.

"So Jace, what are your plans today?" I asked not really interested but I needed to make sure that he wasn't going to the carnival later although I already knew it wasn't his scene.

"James, Theo and I are heading to a party a little out of town so we have to leave a bit early and we're staying at a hotel until tomorrow. I'll be gone by five so don't miss me too much," he joked.

"I won't," It was the truth. I wouldn't when I was hanging out with Dylan, "Don't get too wild. I don't want any nephews or nieces yet."

"Damn right. None of you should be having kids anytime soon," my dad scoffed.

"How long is soon? Twenty two years old is a great age to start having children, don't you think?" my mom sounded hopeful.

"No way is my little girl having kids in four years!" Dad groaned.

"Drew nothing is wrong with her having babies soon. It's perfectly normal for a woman at the age of twenty two to have-"

"Mom!" I whined covering my ears. Jace was the only one who heard me.

"My baby can't have babies," dad said sounding final.

"I'm sure she's having sex and the purpose of sex, in God's book, is for the recreation of an off spring," mom explained loudly, "Penis into vagina equals baby!"

"No! The only equation here is one leg plus one leg equals closed vagina which is what my baby has!" dad was getting upset and I was getting disturbed but of course Jace saved the day.

"Oh my gosh!" he choked turning to me, "They're discussing your vagina!"

"Stop!" I growled lowly.

"Can I tweet about this?" he laughed even harder.

"No!" I warned, "If you do I'll tweet about that time when-"

"Okay I won't," he agreed.

"You didn't even hear what I was gonna say," I smirked.

"You've been living with me for eighteen years and I've done loads of embarrassing things so I don't want to hear what you have to say. I know you could ruin my day," he smiled playfully. Our bantering had ended unfortunately so I could hear my mother talking still.

"I hope you're not having too much sex because your vagina will looked like an over cooked sausage," she said thoughtfully.

"Mom what does that even mean?" Jace frowned looking sick.

"It'll be all shriveled and ugly and then guys will run and say you're damaged," she continued.

Jace, dad and I pushed our plates away from us and got up and left her at the table by herself. I carried myself upstairs following behind my brother.

"I can't believe we just had a conversation about your vagina," Jace sounded puzzled.

"Don't talk about it," I groaned.

***

"Delivery for Skylar Amiel!" I heard Ari say from the door in my room. I watched as she walked towards me and placed a small bag before me. I rose my eyebrow at her and leaned over dipping my hand in the bag

I brought out a cute pink cast that would support and protect my arm. It even had my name spelt out on it and someone had signed a 'Get well soon beautiful x-D' on it. I blushed realizing that this was Dylan's sick package he wanted to send. I then pulled out some painkillers and a cream to rub on my hand and also a note which read, 'These helped me so hopefully they'll help you or I'll sue x.' Lastly, I pulled out a box which when I opened it I realized it was chocolate.

As if on cue a text came into my phone and I reached over on my bedside table and grabbed it. I touched the screen and accessed my messages and realized that the number wasn't in my contacts. I opened the message which brought a smile to my face immediately. 'Hope you got my package. Can't wait to see you tonight. Don't dress too nice because my brother's in love with you –D.'

"Oh is that lover boy?" Ari jumped on the bed and nudged my playfully.

"Maybe," I replied and saved his number in my phone.

"So what are you going to say to him?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing. I'll thank him when in see him," I shrugged.

"With a big sloppy kiss. How cute. You guys are like Romeo and Juliet with Jace playing the role of your father," Ari threw herself back on the bed dreamily.

"Yeah right. You do realize that was a tragedy right?" I frowned.

"So was Titanic but it didn't stop it from being romantic," she muttered.

"So what's up with you and James? He's going out of town to a party tonight," I was slightly worried.

"I don't care. I hope he finds a girl and gets lost," she scowled.

"You don't mean that."

"I do. I just want a new guy," she sighed dreamily.

"What if you fake date?" I suggested and she sat upright immediately.

"What?"

"Fake date. Find a guy and pretend to date him. Theo would do it and you already have a little history there so James will totally get pissed and that will give him the push he needs," I explained.

"I guess we could try," she shrugged.

"Yes! It would be perfect!" I shrieked, "I'll text Theo now and tell him to drop little hints while they're out tonight."

"His death bed," Ari mumbled.

"Please, Theo can hold his own," I defended.

"Enough about me! Tell me all about what happened with Dylan these past few weeks!" she laid back down and turned to me waiting. Well, this was going to take forever...