How we Went Our Separate Ways...

I woke up late and ended up rushing because I was behind the original time I had planned for. Everyone had to meet me at the airport instead. I arrived in record time with only a couple minutes to spare before I had to leave to board my flight. I found them waiting on me with sad expressions that broke my heart. Dylan hadn't arrived yet but I assumed he was running a little late like me.

"Come on guys. It's not the end of the world," I said trying to cheer them up but I needed cheering up myself.

"It is," Ari told me with tears in her eyes, "I don't know...I guess I didn't actually think you were leaving."

"Ari don't cry," but it was too late. She threw herself at me and cried on my shoulder. I felt my own tears running down my face, "This is all like a dream."

"I don't want you to go," she confessed.

"I don't want to leave you either," I responded pulling away to look at her, "We'll keep in touch. I'll visit. Nothing will keep us apart. You are and always will be my best friend."

"Best friends for life," she reached out her pinky finger to me and I wrapped my own around hers sealing my promise.

"Even in death," I agreed and she pulled me into a hug once again before finally setting me free. I looked at the rest of the group once again and noticed Dylan had still not arrived. I frowned but walked towards James, "Hey."

"I think we're way past a 'hey'," James smiled and pulled me into his chest, "I'm going to miss you Skye. You're like my little sister. If you don't call, I'm flying out and you'll have to tell me personally why you didn't."

"Is that a threat?" I asked.

"You can count on it," he smirked and let me go. I moved on to the twins who crushed me into one of their twin hugs.

"I love you guys. I just got you and I have to leave," I frowned. They grinned understandingly.

"Ma belle, we'll see each other soon," Thai assured me.

"And that's a promise," Theo added.

I smiled and then went over to my brother. I took a last look around the place and had yet to see a sign of Dylan. I felt my heart break and an unsettling feeling pooled into my stomach. It was obvious. He had practically indirectly told me. I felt the sad and forced smile form on my lips as I focused on my brother.

"He's not coming, is he?" I asked and Jace gave me a disappointing nod confirming my suspicion.

"He wanted me to give you this," Jace placed a note in my hand and then hugged me, "It won't be the same without you sis. I'm going to miss you like hell. This will be our first time apart from each other."

"I know. How will I survive without my bodyguard?" I teased.

"I trust you. You're a smart girl. It's time for me to let you go," Jace kissed my cheek before letting me go. I then hugged my parents.

"I love you mom and dad. I'm going to miss you but I'll make you proud, I promise," I said as they kissed my cheek.

"We love you too," my mother spoke first.

"Baby girl, you're going to do great," my father assured me, "You keep those boys away now!"

"I will daddy," I replied and then I looked at everyone before me one last time, "I love you guys, okay? Remember that."

They nodded and I turned around hearing them call my flight number. My brother walked with me as he continued to carry my luggage. I opened the note in my hand and read the words written there. 'I'm sorry but I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to look at you and watch you leave me today. Just know I will always love you –M.'