How I Met His Parents...

It was midday on Saturday when I had completed my homework for the weekend. We, meaning Ari and I, had easily gotten through the week by just avoiding James, even though he made that easy by not showing up, and Ari called off the acting thing with Theo. The week seemed to slip by then and with less drama. Thankfully for the first time every Dylan wasn't the reason for the tension at school.

Jace had gone over to James house today leaving the house to me because mom and dad had work. Ari wanted to spend the weekend alone so I decided to let her be. I honestly thought that she needed to be around people but she disagreed.

After the incident during the week, I got a note from my admirer which automatically brought in more notes. After lunch I got a note that read 'I'm sorry about Ari and I'm sorry I scared you. I could never hurt you.' That made me more relaxed once again in school and get rid of one of my many problems.

Then on Thursday, the following day, he sent a note that made me blush and made me feel a whole lot better. It read, 'If only you knew how much I care for you and that I wish I could be the reason for your smile every day.' The following Friday I received a really sweet note. So I had my admirer back. If only I knew who he was.

My phone rang beside me and the name I saved Dylan under, 'Dana,' his sister's name appeared on my screen. I grabbed the phone and immediately answered excitedly as I felt the butterflies in my tummy flutter.

"Hey babe, what's up?" his voice was raspy and it made my insides melt.

"Well, I just finished my homework for the weekend and now I'm bored because I'm home alone. Why did you ask?" I responded curious. Was he coming over?

"Because I need help with that homework," he told me.

"What homework?" I asked.

"The chemistry homework," he replied and I laughed.

"Dylan you're good at all your sciences. You beat me most of the times," I said suspiciously.

"I know but not with this topic," he groaned frustrated.

"Dylan-"

"Will you just come over?" he growled annoyed, "I've sent Theo for you. He'll drop you back also."

"Okay Dylan. I'll come help you with your homework, I promise," I giggled, finding his behavior amusing.

"When you come Martha will show you to my room," he informed me.

"Okay Dylan. Can't wait to see you."

"Me too," his voice sounded thick with emotion. It didn't scare me though. I was more comforted by it.

***

I climbed out of Theo's car dying with laughter from the non-stop jokes I got during the ride to Dylan's mansion. I leaned on his car looking through the window as I tried to catch my breath. He seemed to be laughing at the way I was laughing. I finally managed to stop and he winked at me.

"You're too hilarious," I told him.

"I know and thank you for noticing," he smirked, "Now have fun and be safe little one. Tell Dylan, no glove, no love."

"You pervert!" I teased and waved goodbye to him as I walked to the door. I rung the doorbell and a lady who I figured was Martha answered. She looked about in her late forties and dressed in simple clothing.

"Hello dear. You must be Skylar. Come in," she instructed and I entered closing the door behind me.

"I take it you're Martha," I said and she nodded.