Bonus Chapter: How I Knew She Was The One

*Unedited*

Jace

I shouted along with the other players as we belt out our school motto and made out way off the football field. I removed my helmet from my head and chuckled as two cheerleaders winked in my direction, one was brave enough to kiss my cheek. It was half-time and the cheerleaders would normally keep the crowd entertained while the teams cooled off for a while. I watched as they made their way to the field and started to cheer.

Alicia was the head cheerleader and I always liked to watch her dance. She would keep her eyes on me, with her usual playful look, as if she was cheering for me alone and I found that hot. I found her hot but she never tried to make a move on me. It was her loss really, because I am the captain of the team and everyone wanted something from me. But her playing hard to get never really bothered me because I had a lot of girls who were always ready and willing to be around me.

I watched as Skylar, my sister, climbed on top of the pyramid they had been building. I could tell from her facial expression that she was nervous but she safely steadied herself, grinning when she did so. From a distance, I saw one of the visitors in the crowd throw an object at one of the cheerleaders holding Skye up and she faltered which was enough to send my sister tumbling to the ground.

Her ear-piercing scream was enough to send my feet running in her direction, along with the other players. Alicia had reached her before I did and was questioning her about her pain looking worried.

"Can someone get her to the hospital please?" I barely caught the words that left Alicia's mouth.

"Give me my sister!" I demanded when I finally got to her.

"No, he can't do it. He has the game. Where's Ari?" Skye asked trying to hide her pain. I scowled at her words.

"Parting a fight. Oh, here she comes," Alicia spoke in a hurry.

"Come on Skye," Ari helped my sister up and guided her through the crowd and towards the car park. I relaxed knowing that my sister was safe with Ariana but as soon as I saw Dylan being held back by Theo and Thai from who I assumed was the offender, I took off in that direction. I barely managed to land a fist in the guy's face before some team members grabbed my hands and Alicia approached me.

"Listen up, star boy, you have a team to lead and a game to play so fighting this waste of space isn't on the top of your agenda," she warned, her hazel eyes seeming to glisten with her words.

"I sure as hell think he deserves to be my top priority right now," I practically growled at the guy and tried to pull away from my teammates. Alicia placed a soft hand on my chest and took a step closer to stop me from moving forward.

"I think you could be doing much more entertaining things right now," she stood on her toe tips and whispered against my ears. Her words alone were enough to drive me crazy but with her hand on my chest, I was wild with desire. I wanted this girl and I would indeed have her.

I only smirked as I walked by her and returned to the field. I didn't need to say anything else. She had been successful in taking my mind off my sister's injury and knowing that Dylan had gotten a few good punches in before he had been pulled away was enough to keep my anger for this guy at ease.

The last half of the game was even better. The whole Skylar incident gave the team a positive boost as we all wanted to win the game even more and defeat the visitors, which we were successful in doing. The entire school ran onto the field when time ran out and we were declared winners. Everyone was cheering and it made me happy to see the visitors upset and in a hurry to leave.

I grabbed Alicia as she was about to run pass me and pulled her against my sweaty chest. With my helmet in one hand and my other hand wrapped firmly around her waist, I pressed my lips against hers in a scorching kiss that had us hungry for more. She ran her hands through my wet hair before gripping it tightly and holding me closer. She pulled away from me with her trademark playful grin and walked away...slowly...teasingly.