How The Dinner Went...

"What is he doing here?" was the first thing Jace asked when I let Dylan in and led him to the dining room with my family.

"He's rude," Daniel was the first to respond to him.

"What is this? A meet the Martins?" Jace scowled and got up.

"Sit down!" my father warned and Jace glared at him but he realized how serious dad was and listened.

"Ok. Mom, dad this is my boyfriend Dylan and his twin siblings Daniel and Dana," I introduced, "Guys this is my mother, father and my brother Jace."

"Please to meet you again Dylan," my mother smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine. It's not every day I get to enjoy the presence of beautiful people," he said charmingly and my mother blushed.

"Hey watch it mister! She's all mine," dad teased and shook his hand, "Firm grip! I like him already."

"Hey what about us!" Daniel protested and everyone looked at him. He smirked then, "I'm Skylar's real boyfriend sir."

"Really?" dad laughed but then got serious, "If you date my daughter you can't have sweets. I don't allow my daughter to date guys like that."

"Well Dylan, she's all yours," Daniel sighed and then focused on me, "Sorry Skye but I can't give up candy! I'm five!"

"I love him already!" my parents laughed along with everyone including Jace who chuckled lightly.

"What about you?" Jace surprised everyone by asking. He was referring to Dana who was hiding behind me, "Do you like candy?"

"She's shy," I stated quickly.

"I like candy, a lot but Dylan doesn't let us have much," she replied stepping away from me a little but still clinging to my hand.

"That's because he's boring," Jace whispered to her but everybody heard. She giggled anyway.

"Aww come on Jace, don't bad mouth me to my sister. We all know you're the real boring person here," Dylan teased and Jace glared at him. He was really trying with him.

"Okay let's actually have some of the food now," my mother told us and everyone found a seat at the table. Dana sat beside Jace and Daniel sat beside her. Dylan and I both sat beside each other on the opposite side and my parents sat on both ends. We all started eating the delicious dinner my mother had prepared.

"Your food still tastes like heaven, Mrs. Amiel," Dylan commented and she grinned widely.

"Thank you Dylan."

"Suck up," Jace muttered.

"Oh I like your braid Dana," my mom said ignoring Jace.

"Thank you, Dylan did it," she smiled. Jace snickered.

"Dana I thought I told you to stop telling people that," Dylan groaned.

"And he's supposed to be the cool one," Jace scoffed and Dylan glared at him.

"Well when you have a mother like mine some things you have to learn to do yourself."

"Save me the story," Jace rolled his eyes.

"I get that you feel betrayed by me and whatever but I'm serious about your sister and there's nothing you can say or do to make me change my mind about her. I was your friend and in the process of being your friend I fell in love with Skylar because I thought everything about her was beautiful. Other than the twins, Skylar is like the only source of light in my dark life and I'm not letting go of that because of you. I can be your friend and date your sister at the same time. I won't hurt her. I can't. Why don't you trust me?" Dylan frowned at Jace who looked conflicted.

"Skylar is my sister. She was off-limit. I told you that you couldn't date her," Jace groaned. We were all watching them both.

"And I wasn't going to. I respected your decision. I wasn't going to but I couldn't fight it," Dylan confessed, "I'm sorry Jace. I never wanted to hurt you or offend you in any way."

"It's obvious that you're serious about my sister," Jace started saying. Everyone listened in silence, curious as to what he was about to say, "And as much as Skylar's annoying and she went behind my back to date you, you make her happy and that's all I have ever wanted. Plus you do my job for me by keeping all the guys away so I can't hate you for that."

I felt a ridiculously big grin spread on my face at Jace's words. My heart was just about ready to explode with how happy I was that the two favorite guys in my life were really making up. I didn't expect this to work. Everyone seemed pleased with their making up as well.

"I think Skye is about to cry," Dylan said after looking in my direction.

"She looks constipated to me," Jace joked.

"What does constipuated mean?" Dana asked saying the word wrong.

"Ahh...forget about that sweetie," my mother replied to Dana.

"Seriously she looks weird," Daniel commented.

"Can you guys hug? Please? This is just perfect right now," I finally broke my silence. Dylan looked at Jace and they seemed to have some form of silent conversation with their eyes.

"Let's do it," Jace got up smiling.

"Alright, come on man," Dylan joined him and they hugged. I squealed, dying inside and everyone stared at me weirdly. I ignored them.

"Does this mean I have to share Dylan with you now?" I voiced the question not sure how I felt about it.

"Actually I'm sharing Dylan with you. He was my friend first," Jace teased as they both rejoined us by sitting at the table.

"But you gave him up two years ago and then I took him for myself," I protested.

"Doesn't matter, I found him first," Jace smirked.

"Well I had him last!"

"I knew him longer!" Jace pushed further.

"Guys this is going nowhere. You're wasting time. We should be talking about me," Daniel interrupted arrogantly and everyone laughed.

"This kid is amazing!" my father exclaimed.

"Now that is what I like to hear," Daniel smirked. Dylan shook his head, chuckling at his brother and Daniel smiled enjoying the spotlight.

"He's obviously related to you," Jace pointed out, "You trained him well."

"I did my best," Dylan replied and then he glanced at Dana who smiled cutely at him, "With both of them."

The rest of dinner was like that. Dana came out of her shell a little and talked a whole lot more. She and Daniel expressed their love for my family. Dana especially took a liking to Jace who was very kind and gentle with her. We all laughed at Jace teasing him about his little girlfriend. He ignored us and continued playing with Dana. Daniel's arrogant jokes kept coming and my parents praised both him and Dana. Dylan on the other hand sat and watched his siblings happy, seeming grateful for that alone.

Everyone was sad when the night came to an end. Dylan said the twins had to be in bed soon and so he had to carry them home. My parents fell in love with him even more for that because he was responsible. I was happy that everyone was getting along and I finally felt like I was doing something right.

"Thank you for tonight. The twins and I needed that," Dylan told me when I walked him to the door.

"You're welcome. It was a breath of fresh air for me," I agreed.

"Goodnight Skylar," Dylan smiled at me and then leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Goodnight Dylan."

"I'll see you tomorrow," he promised and I nodded.

"The school's gonna freak!" I exclaimed.

"I know," he winked at me and then joined the twins in the car. I waved to them once again as the car left my drive way.