How we Danced at Prom

It was prom night and Ari and I looked gorgeous in our dresses. The boys were downstairs waiting on us to leave. We had rented a limo together and decided that we'd leave to prom from my house. I did my final touch ups and grabbed my purse and along with Ari, I headed downstairs.

The first thing I noticed was that Jace's date was Alicia and then I noticed that the twin's date were two girls from our school who weren't really known. They were really pretty though. Lastly I noticed Dylan who had just turned to face me as my mother pointed in my direction. His mouth fell open as he stared at me in awe. He came over to me.

"Wow, you look beautiful," he told me brushing my hair back, "Every time I see you, you take my breath away."

"According to Jace, you can't breathe without me. So which is it?" I whispered to him, "Do I take your breath away or do I allow you to breathe?"

"Both," he answered staring deep into my eyes and I blushed.

"I think you're way too sweet," I smiled.

"That's my line sweetheart," Dylan told me and then briefly kissed me on my lips. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his side.

My mother then took pictures with all of us until she decided she had enough and then dad gave Dylan a stern warning about not 'knocking me up' on prom night or touching me too intimately at all. He said he wanted his virgin daughter to remain a virgin. If only he knew...

We left to prom not long after and arrived at our destination in under half an hour. Our prom was being held at a fancy hotel nearby. It was decorated to reflect the theme of some royal ball. It was really majestic.

I was wearing a black dress with red heels. I accessorized with red also and Ari did my hair in a fancy style. It was up in one with loose curls. My dress wasn't over the top; it was long and fitted to the waist but loose from there on. It wasn't puffy though. Dylan wore a red tie to try and match with me, along with his black suit. He looked dashing.

The rest of the guys wore suits as well except for the twins who went over the top to match the 'royalty' theme, I guess. They were dressed like princes and they looked rather handsome. Ari, like me, wore a simple yet sexy black dress. It was fitted to the waist also but puffy at the end. It was more of a fairy dress actually. Her hair was straightened and let down, unlike mine though and she matched her dress with some hot black heels. She was beautiful.

I looked away from Ari who was dancing with James and watched my brother with his date. He looked like he was having fun with Alicia and that made me smile. Dylan rejoined me at the table with drinks and handed one to me. He followed my eyes and noticed where I was looking.

"So maybe he's not gay," he commented and I turned to catch the smirk on his lips.

"This doesn't prove he isn't. He always slept around with girls," I replied and Dylan watched me carefully.

"True but maybe he actually likes Alicia," Dylan told me.

"Well he got a date, those books must be working," I joked. I glanced once again at all my friends. James and Ari dancing, Jace and Alicia laughing and the twins troubling their dates who seemed fascinated with them.

"Are you okay?" Dylan asked me.

"I'm going to miss this," I said sadly.

"You think too much," he told me and got up reaching out his arm as a new song came on. It was one of my favorites, "Come dance with me."

"Sure," I took his hand and he carried me to the centre of the dance floor.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and took my hand in the other. I rested my other hand on his shoulder and we started dancing slowly as he sang the words in my ears softly.