How The Storm Came...

Upon arriving home I noticed my room was slightly dismantled. A few of my things were out of place and perhaps I would have inspected my stuff if I wasn't tired from the long day I had with my friends so I just threw myself on my comfortable bed instead and let the sleep takeover.

I woke the next morning and got ready for the day ahead of me. I pulled on some skinny jeans, after showering of course, and wore a plain black tank top. I put my hair up messily in one and then joined my family downstairs. Mom and dad had already eaten and had left to the living room so it was only Jace that was at the table. I joined him.

"Hey Jace," I smiled in his direction and he didn't even look my way, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just feeling betrayed," he continued going through his phone. I froze at his words. Did he know? I tried to find the words to speak but they wouldn't come. I shut my mouth and tried to regain my composure. Act natural Skye. It probably isn't about you.

"By who?"

"You," he looked up at me then and I grew shocked but then he started laughing. It was an evil laugh, "I'm just joking. James. He ditched me and got hitched."

"Oh well I'm sorry. Don't worry though, you still have me," I smiled.

"That's what I thought," he got up and put his plate in the sink. He turned to face me before leaving, "By the way, nice photo booth pictures. Traitor."

He walked away leaving me with my mouth wide open. He went through the front door shutting it behind him. He knew? I got up out of my chair and ran upstairs. I searched for my diary which I found with pages torn out of it and my pictures were gone. I grew angry and panicked realizing that the t-shirts Dylan gave me was gone also.

I threw my diary on the bed upset that Jace had no respect for my privacy and that he degraded my diary with rude comments and torn pages. I ran downstairs grabbing my car keys and chased after him. He was obviously going to Dylan's house to be stupid as usual and I wasn't about to wait for him to get back.

I drove like a mad woman all the way to Dylan's house and jumped out of my car. Jace's car was badly parked outside and I ran up to the door pulling it open only to discover Daniel and Dana peacefully watching television.

"Where is your brother?" I rushed out probably looking wild but not really caring.

"Next door," Dana answered as both of then looked in my direction.

"I'll be back," I slammed the door and ran next door entering without permission. I heard noise around the back and I immediately ran towards it.

I wasn't even upset that Jace found out. I was upset that he destroyed my stuff. I was upset that he wasn't considering my feelings. He never did. He only cared about himself, dictating what I did so that I wouldn't upset his life. Jace didn't give anything up for me, but I gave up my social life. He was the bad guy here.

"You dared to talk to my sister freak!" Jace held the shirts in his hand and holding out a lighter he set them on fire dropping them on the ground. I opened the glass doors and ran outside after seeing this.

"No!" my objection only seemed to make him angrier and he tore the pictures he had in his hand to pieces and spat on them showing his clear disgust. I was going to attack him but Thai held me back and I struggled against him.

Jace attacked Dylan then, punching him in his nose making him stumble a little but he quickly regained balance and fought him. Dylan being on top of Jace after they crashed into the ground, punched him repeatedly. My brother's nose was visibly bleeding and Dylan was hurting him even more.

"Dylan!" I yelled and he turned to me expectantly, as if he knew I was about to defend my brother.

"Don't you dare tell me to get away from him!" he warned.

"No. You're better than this. He deserves it but you're better," I pleaded with him. Jace seemed upset at this and pushed Dylan under him attacking him wildly. I looked at the twins and noticed Theo was itching to defend his friend but he held back. I glared at Thai who was still holding me.

"Fine, it's your death bed," he sighed and released me.

"Jace get off of my boyfriend!" I barked and grabbed his shirt pulling him away from Dylan. I turned to Dylan and helped him up.

"I warned you to stay away from my sister two years ago Dylan!" Jace shouted.

"Oh I'm sorry Jace that I liked your sister more than you!" Dylan replied sarcastically, wiping the blood from his mouth.

"Is that what this is about? You ruined your friendship because he had a crush?" I scowled at my brother.

"A crush? He's frickin' obsessed with you-"

"So you're the one who warned all the guys in school to avoid me?" I asked ignoring him and already suspecting the answer. Jace laughed mockingly.

"Oh your boyfriend didn't tell you? That's all on him, not that I minded. It gave me less problems to worry about," he told me. I looked at Dylan and he shrugged not denying it. I'd deal with that later.

"Go home Jace," I said.

"And you! You betrayed me! You lied to my face! You're the absolute worst!" he accused me.

"The one time I refuse to be your puppet and do something that makes me happy and I'm the worst sister in the world! You never give anything up for me," I scoffed.

"You never asked me to!" he barked.

"Because I'm not selfish!" I matched his tone and he grew silent. He looked back and forth between Dylan and me before turning to Theo and frowning.

"I can see where your loyalty lies," he glared at him.

"Never once denied it," Theo smiled shamelessly.

"Don't even start on me because you seem to be picking out everyone today and I was never really Dylan's nor your friend," Thai stated when Jace turned to him.

"You all disgust me, especially you both," Jace pointed at me and Dylan, "Go be a freak with him. Don't speak to me anymore."

"Jace you're over reacting," I rolled my eyes at him annoyed.

"You are my little sister. You were supposed to be loyal to me," his voice was thick with anger.

"Jace you are my older brother. You were supposed to care about my feelings," I replied.

He stood there and studied me a while longer before turning and storming through the doors. I watched him leave and sighed as everything sunk in. I just put everything on the line and I think I lost my brother. He was right. I did betray him but I was following my heart so it shouldn't matter.

For once in my life I was selfish and I hurt the one sibling I had. The tears gathered in my eyes as I rethought everything that just played out. As much as Jace was a jerk and rude, he was mostly a good brother. He was always there for me when I needed him and he always made me laugh when I was sad.

"I'm sorry," Dylan pulled me into his arms. I let my tears fall as my face pressed against his chest, "This happened because of me."

"It's not your fault. I don't blame you. It had to be said," I murmured against his chest.

"I can't believe you stood up for me. I thought he was your brother and you had to take his side," he repeated my words to me.

"Well, I couldn't keep letting you down could I?" I lifted my face from his chest and met his eyes. He smiled at me. A real smile and it lit up his entire face. I couldn't help but reflect it.

"Thank you."

"Let's go get you cleaned up," I held out my hand and he took it, leading me out of the house and in the direction of his parents own.