How it was Calm before the Storm...

"Skylar?" Ari snapped her fingers in front of my face. I turned to look at her, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, but Jace was being weird when I left the house today," I sighed and took the drink she was offering. We were at Dylan's house today chilling by the pool. Ari and I were in bikinis and at the moment the guys, being Theo, Thai and Dylan were goofing off in the water.

"How weird?" she frowned.

"Like he asked if I was going out and how long I'd be out and he had this evil grin on his face," I told her and drank some of the lemonade she had handed to me.

"Hey guys, wanna play volleyball?!" Theo yelled bouncing a ball around in his hand, interrupting us.

"I am not getting wet!" Ari yelled back.

"It's fine with me," I agreed.

"We only need four," Dylan pointed out.

"Yeah Ari, you're not hurting us!" Theo teased.

"Alright, teams," Thai said as I got in the water.

"I pick Dylan!" Theo screamed and I laughed.

"No way. The only team I'm playing on is my girl's," Dylan smirked and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Thai baby!" Theo called.

"What?" Thai answered in a girly voice.

"Will you be my team mate?" Theo asked pouting.

"No. I won't be your back up plan," Thai complained acting hurt.

"Please Thai baby, please!" Theo begged jokingly.

"Drama queens, we playing or not?" Dylan rolled his eyes at them.

"Fine come on," Thai grinned, "But I don't know why you're rushing to lose."

"Why are we going to lose?" I joined in.

"Please, your team consists of two girls," Theo scoffed teasingly. Dylan looked at me with a playful smirk then.

"Baby you heard them?" Dylan nudged me.

"I did," I nodded.

"Ready to show them?" he grinned.

"I am," I agreed as Theo served the ball.

Of course we won and then Theo and Thai demanded a rematch and we won again. We decided to go inside when Dana and Daniel told us that they had finished making their 'special dinner' for us and so we could go inside and eat now. We each took a quick rinse and then changed before going downstairs to eat.

"You're dinner is lovely guys," I complimented Dana and Daniel.

"Thanks babe. I made it just for you," Daniel grinned cutely.

"Bro your brother is flirting with your girl," Theo chuckled.

"We all know that Skye loves me and not him," Dylan replied coolly and I froze at his words.

He probably meant nothing by it but it really stirred my emotions and made me question how I felt about Dylan. I know I cared for Dylan but did I love him? No. I couldn't, right? We were going our separate ways soon and it would only complicate things if I felt that way about him.

What would I know about that anyways? This was my first relationship. Dylan was my first boyfriend. What would I know about love? I've been sheltered my entire life by my over-protective brother. But the question still remained: Did I love Dylan? No. I doubt it.

"Skylar?" Ari called and I jumped a bit frightened and then looked up at her, "Why are you always daydreaming lately?"

"I am not!" I protested, "I'm just thinking."

"About what?" she pushed.

"About how much I'm going to miss all of this," and even though it wasn't what I was thinking about, it was true.

"Aww, ma belle," Thai cooed, "You're going to miss me."

"Barely," I teased and he pouted, "Calm down Thai, I'm only going to miss you the most," I smirked in Dylan's direction. He raised his eyebrow questioningly.

"Really?" Thai perked up grinning in Dylan's direction too.

"Nah, Dylan," I told him laughing. Ari glared at me now, "So what universities are you guys going to?"

"The trouble twins are going to Stanford!" Theo exclaimed proudly.

"That's amazing," I smiled impressed.

"I've decided to go to Oregon University with James," Ari told me and I frowned taking in this new information.

"What? I thought you wanted to go to your 'Ivy league' school," I said quoting her words.

"Well, Oregon has a good program and I realized that I love this state and I can't see myself outside of it and I love the people in it and I don't want to leave then and after studying the University of Oregon's program and history I fell in love with it," she replied seriously and I nodded understandingly, "James has always wanted to go there and even though the Ducks didn't recruit him, he's pretty okay because law will take up most of his time."

"Dylan's going to Oregon University also you know," I added lightly, "Right Dylan?"

"Yeah," his answer was somewhat forced and I looked at him cautiously.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him.

"No. Let's call it a day, alright?" he sighed and got up from the table. He marched off to his room and I followed suit after giving everyone an apologetic look.

"Dylan," I groaned out when we reached his room.

"What?" he growled.

"You're shutting me out again," I told him.

"Well it's better than letting you in anymore," he said sounding extremely sad. I looked into his eyes which held so many emotions that I didn't even know how to describe. I tried to find the words to speak but nothing would come, especially not with the way in which I was lost in the intensity of his stare. He looked so hurt. I was the reason for that look and I didn't want to be.

"Dylan..." I reached out for his hand and held it, "Don't shut me out. I know what's going to happen and I know it will be painful but I won't let that stop me from being around you. I can't let you shut me out Dylan. I need you."

"We're both going to get hurt worse if we continue-"

"I don't care. A heart break is worth the time I get to spend with you," I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I just don't know what I'm going o do when I lose you," he pulled me into a death grip.

"You'll find me back because I belong to you," I buried my face into his chest.

"And if I don't?" he sounded worried. I pulled away from him and looked deep into his eyes finding the emotion I heard in his voice. Fear.

"Then I'll find you," I promised and I saw somewhat of a sad smile on his face but it reached out and touched my heart. It warmed my insides to know that for some unknown reason, in some crazy beautiful way, Dylan Martin needed me perhaps more than I needed him.

He brought his lips down on mine then and I felt my answer and I wasn't uncertain anymore. It was now a fact. Somehow it had happened without me even realizing it. And I didn't know if it was the dark, mysterious eyes or the sexy smirk that made it happen. I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. But the one thing I was certain of is that I was madly, deeply and crazily in love with Dylan Martin and I wasn't sorry about it.