How We Smoothed Things Over...

"Why have you been ignoring us?" Theo and Thai attacked me when I entered school on Monday morning.

"I needed to recollect on myself," I stated simply, "But I'm okay now and ready to learn!"

"No one should be that excited to learn, ma belle," Thai covered his ears.

"Well this Harvard chick definitely is."

"You're going to Harvard?" Theo asked shocked.

"You know, I lost sight of what I've been working for all these years but I want to get in to Harvard and I shall," I said very determined.

"Is this some type of break down?" Thai frowned and I giggled uncontrollably, "Are you on coco?"

"This is about Friday night isn't it?" Thai looked at me suspiciously.

"No, I'm actually okay and I'm not on drugs," I responded happy with how concerned they were for me, "I'll see you at lunch."

I kissed their cheeks and walked away. I ignored everyone but Ari and Jace all weekend. Dylan didn't even bother trying to contact me much. He called like twice on Saturday and Sunday and messaged me saying we needed to talk. Jace on the other hand was acting differently. He was being awkward all weekend and then Ari was out most of the time with James and only called and checked in on me.

So practically I had the weekend to myself. I entered my first class of the day and took my usual seat, in front of Dylan. I could feel his eyes glaring at the back of my head but I ignored him anyway.

Lunch came by quickly and soon I was at my regular table with James, Ari, Theo, Thai and Jace who was slightly glaring at me. Or was he looking behind me? I was not sure. I looked at him confused as to what was up with him but he only shrugged and gave me a look that said 'Leave it alone.'

"Jace are you okay?" I asked anyways.

"I'm fine," he said through clenched teeth, "Can I borrow your phone?" he held out his hand waiting.

"What's wrong with yours?" I replied suspiciously.

"It's dead and I need to make a call," he told me impatiently. I unlocked my phone and handed it to him. He sat there scrolling through my phone, "Who's Dana and why are you texting her like this? Do you like girls?"

"Don't be ridiculous! She's overly friendly," I tried to remain calm but the fact that he was reading my messages with Dylan had me on edge. I grabbed my phone and locked my messages before placing my phone on the key pad and handed it back to him, "Make your call."

"You better not be! As much as I don't want you dating guys, I want nieces and nephews," he warned eyeing me weirdly before taking the phone and getting up, "I'll be back in a few."

He walked away and I could feel Theo's, Thai's and Ari's worried eyes on me. I rolled my eyes at how unnecessary they were being. Jace wasn't that smart and he wasn't up to anything. He just wanted to make a call and his phone was dead. I watched as he re-entered the cafeteria after a while and handed me back my phone.

"Got through?" I asked.

"Of course," he smiled.

"Who did you call anyways?"

"That, my nosy sister, is not your business," he grinned foolishly and walked away.

"Well it was my phone," I muttered to myself.

***

The week passed by with me ignoring Dylan and just focusing on school. It was currently Saturday and Thai invited me and Ari to a family/friend barbeque his parents were having. I had completed my work for the weekend and Ari and I dressed from my house and then I drove us to their place.