How We Got Caught....

Ari shared a knowing look with me when I entered school the following Monday. We had absolute fun at the carnival yesterday. We took some photos, Dylan and I, in the photo booth by ourselves and some with the group. I got to keep both after promising to copy them on Sunday and give them each a copy. I had to put the pictures in my diary and secure it carefully with the lock and place it in my drawer. Jace never touched my stuff, especially not my diary, so it was safe.

She met me at my locker and we were later joined by Theo and Thai who greeted us with a smile. James was watching Ari from across the hall while talking to Jace, and Theo seeming to notice this too, put his hand around her waist and pulled her into his side.

"Hey girlfriend," he smirked deviously.

"Hey baby," she played along and went on her tip toes to kiss his cheek.

"Enough with these actors, how are you ma belle?" Thai asked me.

"I'm great. I've never been happier," I was bubbling with joy and he looked at me suspiciously, "How are you?"

"What happened this weekend to you?" he frowned looking concerned, "You're not normally this happy."

"Nothing happened," I scoffed and poked his cheek, "I've just realized that there's so much to smile about."

"Ma belle, your happiness is killing me. I'll see you at lunch when school has brought you back a bit," Thai complained and then walked away. I returned my focus to Ari who was playing in Theo's hair teasingly and both of them were laughing as she mocked him.

"Like did you even comb it this morning?" she giggled as she fixed his hair for him.

"Why use a comb when I have you?" he flirted and then there was a loud bang in the hall way. We all turned to look at James who threw a dirty look in Ari's and Theo's direction and walked away angrily with Jace strolling behind him after rolling his eyes.

"Well that worked," I noted.

The bell then rang and everyone rushed to their classes leaving me to hurry and retrieve my books from my locker. Someone came beside me and leaned on the locker next to mine. I closed my locker and faced the person. Dylan smirked at me which immediately resulted in me smiling. His smirked changed into a real smile then.

"I love your smile. It's beautiful. You're beautiful," his cheeks turned pink when he realized what he had just said to me.

"I couldn't compare to you," I replied and went on my tip toes to place a gentle kiss on his tempting lips.

"You keep stealing my kisses and demanding some too," he teased pouting.

"Oh? Okay. I won't kiss you unless you kiss me as of now," I promised.

"No. I was joking. You can kiss me when you want," he assured me.

"No. I won't."

"Well I'm not kissing you so you'll have to initiate the kiss," he said thinking he would win.

"Well I guess we won't be kissing each other," I smiled, knowing I had both won and lost but I ignored the latter and walked away heading in the direction of my first class.

I noticed a figured watching us from a corner and I felt my heart sink. Someone had seen us? Oh no, Jace would never let up. I got closer to get a better view of the person and realized they weren't even hiding. Thai's eyes and mines made contact and I couldn't help but wear the nervous look on my face, which I was trying to hold back.

He gave me a hurt and disappointed look as he shook his head and turned and walked away from me. I suddenly had a bad feeling in my stomach about how everything would turn out. But I could trust Thai, couldn't I?