Scene 1

CADEN

"Fuck you!" My girlfriend's voice tones through the room as she's throwing my sweatshirt at me.

"Gladly," I reply smirking. Tessa gives me a death stare and I immediately take my comment back.

"All I asked you to do is come to this one party with me, so that I wouldn't have to look like the world's biggest idiot in front of all of my friends, and you didn't even bother showing up!" she continues screaming. My head is already hurting from the bruise I've got from tonight's game when the goalie of the other team hit me with the stick. It wasn't that bad, yet it still hurts. Which only made our victory sweeter.

"Tessa, baby, I've already told you. We had a game. The opening game of the season. I couldn't come to the party." I explain, trying to get her in a hug. She pushes me away and quickly goes to take her clothes from where they were lying on the floor. She looks up at me and gives me those big doe brown eyes, that make me do everything she asks for. They're worse than an addiction.

"It wasn't just one party." she mumbles, yet she stops realising what she said isn't true. It was just one party that I couldn't come to. Normally, I'm there for every party she asks me to come to. I really am. She never comes to any of my games and I don't even take it out of her. At the beginning of our relationship, I thought it were normal if she would do that. I come to her parties, she comes to my games. But then I understood, it's not okay to have expectations and I should appreciate her as she is. Maybe the girlfriends of the other team members are just too madly in love to show up in the rink.

I try my best to come closer to her and kiss her, yet she pushes me again. "You know what, Caden? I think that maybe I'm just too good for you", she shouts. I don't even understand what has gotten into her.

"Tessa, you can't seriously mean that. It was just one fucking party I missed. It's not the end of the world. I promise I'll be there for the next one."

"But what if you're not? What if you have another game and you'll leave me alone?"

It's either I'm still spinning from the hit I took on the ice or she's really exaggerating.

"Tessa, baby, please. I promise you it will be only this one time. And I already explained why I couldn't be there. I'm the team captain. And it was the opening game. I couldn't miss it."

"Is hockey more important for you than me?" she asks me, almost crying.

"Now you're really exaggerating." I let out, not knowing how to answer to that.

"You haven't answered my question. Is hockey more important to you than me?"

I take a deep breath, clearly done with the world right now. I am tired from the game, I'm hurting from the hit and I'm sore from before, when Tessa still was in a good mood and she let us spend our time more productive. "Tessa, baby, no. You are more important than anything to me."

"Then why couldn't you answer the first time?"

I honestly need to get out. Let her calm down. Come back sometime later, when she is back to being her normal self and we can talk this out like two normal people. Or we can not talk it out and just kiss and make up.

"I am tired, baby. That's all. It's been a tough game."

Tessa sighs annoyed and screams: "See! You're talking about hockey again."

"You asked me."

"I asked you why you couldn't answer the first time."

She sighs annoyed and I frown exhausted. I hate it when we fight. And lately it seems like it's all we've been doing.