Scene 7

NINI

"So, apparently", Soph says while dancing with us the choreo of Super Trouper, "Caden screwed up big time."

I involuntarily worry and have to ask: "What happened?"

"I don't know." She answers, swinging her hips to the music. We let April take the role of Donna since that was her condition to let us watch Mamma Mia.

"But what did Alec say?" I continue asking and really hope I don't sound too interested.

"Well, we didn't talk much", Soph answers blushing and I get an idea about what they did. April too, since she starts smirking.

"French?" She adds. Soph gets red in the face.

"Not just, but it's still disgusting that you ask."

April smirks at Soph's answer and I change the topic, to help my bestie calm down.

"Anyway, what did he say about what happened?"

"Only that Caden broke one of the rules." She answers. I raise my eyebrow confused, so does April.

"Wait, so the Fab Five actually has rules?" I let out, my voice sounding as surprised as I am.

"Apparently", Soph responds. I still can't believe it. I always thought that it was just five guys hanging out, not that they actually have rules. "And Caden broke one of them. But that's all Alec wanted to say to it."

"Fuck it", April lets out and Soph and I instinctively turn to her to see what's wrong. She gets the hint and continues: "I really hoped it was Coin who did something bad."

My bestie and I share a look and both start smirking. We've been shipping April and Coin ever since last year as we randomly met him at a bar and he called her precious. April says it's only something Coin does, yet we both believe there's more to it. Hence why the Pinterest board I made of their marriage, Babe-and-her-crazy-as-shit-enemy-future-husband. One of my best ones yet.

"No", April says, as if she could read our minds. "No. There's no way Coin and I are going to get together. No way."

I smirk and Soph starts to chuckle. "We'll see", I add. April flips us off and turns to get the remote. She sets the volume higher and starts yelling the lyrics: "But I won't feel blue".

I am still in the mood to tease her, since I continue: "Mermaid or princess dress?"

"Like I always do", she continues, still yelling so that she can't hear my question.

I give up, joining her together with Soph for the next verse: "Cause somewhere in the crowd is you."

April looks at us smirking and quickly brings us three sunglasses, so that we can complete the look. I bring three hairbrushes for us to use as microphones.

Each of us takes one and we turn the volume louder.

There was a time in my life in which I thought there's no point in being happy anymore. I was alone and lonely, trying to figure out what I'll do with my life.

The moment I met these girls, I started smiling again. And making jokes. And not feeling guilty if I laugh or feel happy. No matter what I'll face in the future, I know I can face it. And I'll be okay.

Because somewhere in the crowd it's them.