Scene 15

NINI

"I leave you five seconds, FIVE FREAKING SECONDS, alone and you already make out with Caden West?!" April shouts, while we're locked in the toilet. Her eyes show she's on the verge of a mental breakdown.

"It wasn't that bad", I reply blushing, thinking of the last few minutes when Caden kissed me like I was the most special girl on Earth. His kiss is always so wanting. So desiring. It just makes you lose control.

"No, I'm sure it wasn't. Which is exactly my problem", April says, clearly having a breakdown.

"Why?"

"Guys like him won't stop hurting you", she whispers, worried really.

"Caden is not like that. He said he wouldn't hurt me", I reply, somehow feeling the urge to protect him.

"That's what they all say in the beginning. It's only after a few months that you find yourself broken."

"He said he wouldn't hurt me."

April must have heard the protective tone in my voice.

"I get it. You like him. I just wanted to make sure you won't end up heartbroken."

I nod and give her a hug: "Thanks, babe."

"Always. I'm here for you. You know that, right?"

"I know", I reply. And I'm grateful for it.

~

After April there is one other person that I know would ask me thousands of questions when I tell her the news. My bestie. Soph.

So, as soon as April and I get home, I pull out my phone and start texting her.

ME: Hey, Soph!

ME: So, something might have happened.

Her answer is instant.

SOPH: Oh my gosh, are you okay?

ME: I'm fine.

ME: Yet, I might have made out with Caden West locked in a washing room.

She doesn't reply anymore, however, five seconds later, I get an incoming video call from her. I take the call, and it doesn't take much until her voice fills up the room, I'm in, from how loud she's shouting.

"WHAT?!"

In only a few milliseconds, Alec appears next to her quickly checking her out to see if she's harmed or if something has happened. He doesn't really look like in a renovation outfit, since he's still wearing his tux, his curly hair perfectly styled. The scar on his cheek is still visible, from when he had a car accident last year. I asked Soph and she said the doctors told him it will never go away. The same works for the scar on his neck.

"Foxy, are you alright?" he asks, quickly placing a hand protective on Soph's waist. She nods and kisses him once, to calm him down.

"I am. But apparently, not her." she says that, turning the screen so that Alec can see me. I wave at him, smiling to be polite.

"Elway", Alec greets me by my last name, his voice so much colder than the tone he used while talking to his girlfriend. It gives me chills. And we're not even in the same room.

"So, how did it happen?" Soph continues asking, and Alec doesn't move away from her. Once he heard her scream, there's no way he'll leave her alone. Too "dangerous".

"It just kinda did. He was staring at me while I was dancing at the frat party, so I got annoyed. I wanted to talk to him, so I lead him to the closest empty room. We ended up making out there."