Scene 11

CADEN

"Are you lost?" The redhead asks me as soon as I come closer to the stage. After paying attention to the talk going on at the table yesterday in the cafeteria, I got an idea about her schedule. Which is mostly made out of rehearsals for a play. So, it didn't take long to find her today. I am still wearing my hockey hoodie, since I just got off morning practice. Yet, I didn't have the time to stop home and change. I want to get started with this plan as soon as possible.

I come closer to the her and for a second, I take it all in. She looks better from up closely. She looks beautiful. Like clearly her red hair isn't the only thing one should notice about her. Her big brown eyes deserve some credit too. As well as her silhouette. Damn, that silhouette. And the fact she's wearing a short tank top right now, that shows off all her features, doesn't really help my eyes stop staring.

She notices and smirks: "Do you need help finding your way out or are you planning on checking me out some more?"

"Sorry", I say, yet my eyes wonder to her body again. She sighs amused. I feel a bit guilty, I hide it with a chuckle however: "Not sorry."

"Alright then. The exit is that way." She says, pointing with her finger to the door. I only come closer to her and look around the place. The stage has many pages lying around, some of them having an extreme amount of highlighter on them. There's a styro cup with some orange like coffee and a bagel, next to the whole scripts. A "Shakespeare Academia" tote bag is the last thing on the stage, finding its place in this whole mess.

"You seem to be working hard." I comment, showing towards the script pages. She stares at me with her eyes wide open, as if she wouldn't possibly understand what I am doing here.

It takes her a few seconds to snap out of her shock and ask: "I am sorry, aren't you lost?"

"No", I answer, going down the staircase and taking a seat in the first row. "I am right where I should be."

"Staring me and my hips?" she asks sarcastically. She noticed.

"No. Looking at you. Admiring."

She chuckles and mumbles something I can't understand. As she's focused again, she looks at me, straight into my eyes, giving me the chance to see hers. Her eyes really are beautiful. I've seen brown eyes before, but none match with hers. There is something about them that just keeps dragging you inside, sinking into the different nuances of brown.

"Don't you have other things to do?" She asks, and I smirk.

"Better than this? Nope."

"But you're the hockey legend. Shouldn't you be anywhere else. Like on the ice. Making a snowman."

I chuckle and her mouth twitches. She quickly hides it, going back to a serious teasing pose. But I've seen it. I've seen the twitch. "No, that's not quite what we do."

"No shit, Sherlock. Really?"

"Yeah. But anyways, I don't have anywhere else to be. I am done with practice for", I sneak a quick glance at my smartwatch, "two more hours."

"Poor kiddo. Then you should use your time wisely. And not wasting it here."

"Who says I'm wasting it?"

She sighs exhausted and looks at the scripts on the floor: "Look, some of us really have to work so if you'd excuse me, I'd better get back to it."

"By all means", I reply, making a gesture with my hand.

"Wait, with you here?!" Her question sounds more like a beg for me to leave. Yet, I am here to stay.

"Sure. Break a leg."