Scene 46

NINI

I am staring at the pizza on the table, the little skittles placed to spell "Sorry" on top. That asshole decided to use my romcom addiction against me. Hence why the knife in my hand. I am planning on torturing this pizza. Make it look like my heart right now. In pieces.

I am so close to starting my payback action as the door opens and April walks in holding Dia by her arm. The two stop and stare as soon as they see me. I guess I'm something one could stare at. In my "Wrencore Drama Club" hoodie, a grey pair of sweatpants, a pair of fluffy white socks and a messy bun, I don't exactly look like a serial pizza killer.

April comes closer to me as Dia puts her headphones on. My friend takes the knife from my hand and puts it in a safe distance. As soon as the knife is gone and the pizza is taken from in front of me, Dia takes her headphones back off, putting them around her neck. She comes closer to April, the one who is holding the pizza right now and sneaks a glance at the text on it.

"Princess Diaries?", Dia asks, obviously recognizing it. I made them watch this movie at least twenty times so far.

I only nod.

"Caden?", April continues the interrogation. My lungs stop working right just by hearing his name.

I nod again.

"At least he's trying", she adds, taking a slice of the pizza and putting it in her mouth. I give her an offended stare.

"I was going to destroy that, thank you very much."
"Then it's good I took it away in time. It tastes delicious", April replies. She takes another slice and hands it over to Dia. "Want some?", she asks her and Dia only nods shy, taking the slice from April.

I roll my eyes. "Are you really planning on just eating my whole sorry pizza or are you also going to help me figure out what the heck to do next?"

April only raises her shoulders smirking while Dia looks nervous at the ground. They take a sit in front of me at the table and begin the made-up therapy session.

"Do you still love him?", April asks, and I immediately know I'm done with this conversation.

I stand up and want to walk away.

"You were the one asking for our help", she shouts as I'm opening the door to my room. It makes me turn around to them and I can't help but bite my bottom lip to keep the tears inside.

"No, I know. And I'm so sorry for reacting like this. It's just...All I want to do is cry."

April nods understanding and says: "Then, we'll cry with you."

I look at her with an eyebrow raised. It's then Dia whispers: "Friends don't let friends cry alone."

"But you don't have to force yourself to cry just to do it with me", I reply. The two share a knowing look and head for the couch.

"Then we'll force all of us to cry", April explains as she takes the remote and opens the streaming app, to play The Notebook.

I nod with a broken smile on my face, the most honest one I had in a while, and few minutes later I'm sitting between them on the couch, all cuddled in cozy blankets, surrounded by boxes of tissues knowing what's going to happen.

~

"We're home", Soph shouts from in front of the door as she and Nessie walk inside. They are both carrying some grocery bags and want to head to the kitchen, yet they stop as they notice me, April and Dia on the couch, all tearing up.

"What's going?" Soph asks, immediately worried. Nessie also freezes and raises an eyebrow.

"We wanted to cry", April explains taking yet another tissue from the fifth box we've used so far.