Scene 5

CADEN

I've never thought I'd die with twenty and from looking at a girl. Yet here I am, being twenty, and with Alec Dunn almost wanting to kill me in the parking lot of the university, for looking at his girlfriend.

"Mark my words, West. You're lucky we're friends and you only get out with a warning. If we weren't friends, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now." Alec begins, giving absolutely zero context to the other guys at this meeting.

"Why? Because you wouldn't care?" I find myself asking, although the chill going down my spine is making its way blocking down all my nerves.

"No", Alec hisses through his teeth. "Because you couldn't be able to talk anymore."

I swallow hard. And Jacob gives me a panicked look, probably only one step away from pulling his phone out of his pocket and searching where the next florist shop is so that he could get me some daisies.

Yet, it's not Alec or Jacob that talk next, but Noah, who decided he should make himself less useful than he already is.

"Look, I have zero idea what's happening here. I didn't even want to know, yet the shit starts to get real. So, what happened?"

Alec takes one step closer to me and I immediately back out. I know I am a hockey player and an athlete, and I can very well protect myself if he decided to punch or something, however I wouldn't put it past him to pull out a gun or something. He's Alec Dunn after all.

"So, what happened is." He says hissing through his teeth again. Honestly now, how can a sweet and nice girl as Sofia date him?! "West here decided to hit on Foxy."

Right. And then there's that. Foxy. Alec's nickname for Sofia. Only making me question who in their right mind nicknames their girlfriend after an animal.

"What?!" Noah lets out shocked. I get annoyed. Noah is the biggest playboy this college has. He doesn't even remember the name of the last girl he hooked up with, because it's always a different one. I wouldn't be surprised if he said he did all the girls in this whole damn university by now.

"Like you're the one to judge. You don't even kiss the same girl twice. And don't get me started about the thousands of girls you've flirted with."

"Yeah, you're right." He replies matter-of-factly. "I've flirted with thousands of girls. But girlfriends of you four? Never. It's rule number one, idiot."

"Don't call me an idiot." I say. He doesn't back up.

"Then don't do idiotic stuff."

I want to turn to leave, yet Alec quickly grabs my arm and presses it hard. I can feel the blood boiling in me and how the spot starts to hurt. The hurt is deep, and it cuts like blades. I try to free myself, yet I can't. I'm trapped in his hold.

"Let me make some things clear. Think of her and you're dead. Look at her and you're dead. Dare to touch her..." Alec wants to continue but I interrupt him.

"Let me guess? I'm dead?" I ask sarcastically. He doesn't even flinch, his voice only turns colder.

"You're fucking dead." He sets me free and I stop the urge to look and see if the spot is bruised. "Did I make myself clear?" he asks, again hissing.

"Yep. Now can we go or are you planning on torturing me some more?"

"You're free."

We all walk back inside, and I know where I'm headed. To Tessa. To end this fucking deal. Because as much as I want her, I also care about my life. And using Sofia as the one I have to flirt with isn't going to keep me alive.