Scene 9

NINI

"What's going on?" I ask, pointing to Caden, Jacob and Noah all standing up and rolling the sleeves of their hoodies, til everything that needs to be seen is to be seen. I almost choke on my food. Damn, how can a guy possibly look like that?!

"Deep breaths", Soph tells me smirking, probably noticing the lack of oxygen I get, when staring at the view.

I chuckle at her and start smirking.

Each one of the three guys goes to one end of their table and start pushing it. And if before one could see the masterpieces they wear on their arms, now that they are actually put to use, it makes me feel like my lungs are empty. Screw the person who invented gyms and made womankind live this torture.

Every single person in this cafeteria is staring at them, admiring the scene and probably questioning what is going on. I stare harder as I see that the direction in which they started moving their table is our direction. The three don't stop until our two tables are connected, which leaves everyone asking themselves what the heck is going on. Damn, I'm also asking myself what the heck is going on.

The three guys however act like nothing weird has happened and sit down at their new places.

"Hey there", Caden begins smirking, looking at the ones who were originally seating here, before they changed the seatplan.

We are all staring at him with our mouths wide opened, clearly in shock. Only April and Alec snap out of it.

"Hi?" April asks, followed by Alec: "What do you think you're doing here?"

His voice is cold and warning, making it clear there is still tension from yesterday.

"We missed you and Adam." Caden replies matter-of-factly. Adam nods, although it's clear he's not convinced. Alec takes out his phone and starts texting someone. Caden's phone makes a sound, to show the incoming message. The two spend some time texting, with everyone's eyes fixed on them. As soon as Alec probably got the answer he needed, he closes the phone and nods agreeing. Caden looks pleased.

Alec goes back to kissing Soph and exploring her neck as if it were his favorite place in the world. Soph looks at him like he just put the stars in the sky. Their love seems to be the center of their universes, raising the standards even for the romcom couples in my favorite movies. I sometimes wish I had what they have with someone.

"So, what were you talking about?" Caden asks, reminding us they are sitting here as well from now on. We tell him the topic, the next frat party, and he and the other two guys join the conversation as if they have always been part of this table.

Yet they haven't. And it will take some time to get used to it.