Scene 49

NINI

"Are you ready?" I can hear Caden ask from under the balcony. His voice makes me look away from the walls of the house and turn around to look at him. My yellow Summer dress spins around with me, making me feel like a ballerina and I have to smile. Caden is in a pair of shorts, a T-Shirt with a pair of sunglasses hanging from it and his sneakers. He makes all the other guys I've seen so far look like scribbles of a child compared to a masterpiece. My masterpiece.

His eyes sparkle with the blue sky and he smiles at me as if he had just seen his world. It makes me smile back.

"Ready when you are", I say and come closer to the end of the balcony, resting my forearms on the stone.

Caden fishes out the phone out of his pocket and starts playing our song, my favorite song, the song that has brought us back to each other, I Love You Baby. At the first lyrics Caden sings we can hear a growl and we both turn in that direction. Soph is standing next to her boyfriend, the owner of the named growl, her face filled with amusement as she sees how much Alec hates the idea of Caden singing in front of him.

"Can you please show a little more support here, Dunn?" Caden asks him teasingly. Alec smirks and mouths a no to him. I have to share an amused look with my bestie. The two guys started to become better friends during the last few days. As soon as the term ended, the four of us, and Darrel who had to come, went on a double date trip around Europe. Starting from Venice, going through Italy, then back up in France and Spain. It's only been a week of our holiday, and I already love it. We spend every moment we can together, visiting the cities, eating the local food, trying out some traditions, relaxing at the beach. And during the night, Caden and I also spend every second we can enjoying the fact we're back as a couple and he kisses me with the same passion, the same love, every single night. And it gets better every time.

Soph winks at me before tugging at her boyfriend's shirt, catching his attention. Alec turns to her and leaves Caden alone to continue his singing.

Because that was my condition. Sing to me in Verona, standing under Juliet's balcony.

With a little help from my royal bestie, we managed to get Juliet's house all for ourselves for an hour. So, Caden can fulfil his condition undisturbed by the curious tourists who might have snuck glances at him.

My boyfriend takes a deep breath and sets the volume louder, singing the song. I can't help but smile the whole time and chuckle. As soon as the song is done and he sighs relieved, I rush back downstairs and to the patio, to his arms. He immediately makes space for me and I wrap my hands around his neck, my feet around his waist, wanting to feel him as close to me as possible.

He sinks his face in my shoulder as he whispers: "I think you're planning on killing me one day, Broadway."

I let out a chuckle which makes him look up at me again, to see my smile.

"I do not. You're far too precious for that", I reply. He smiles and gives me a soft kiss on my neck. It makes me continue: "And besides, I would miss you too much."

"You would?", he asks me, already knowing the answer. He probably just wants to tease me. Or hear it again.

Either way, I have no problem of repeating it. I would shout it over and over again just to see him smile, because every time I say it, I know it's true.

"I would. I love you, Caden."

He smiles, one of those honest smiles that even though I now get the chance to see them daily, they still give me butterflies every time.

"I love you too, Nini", he whispers, his lips finding their way to mine again. "My love." A kiss. "My everything." Another kiss. "My Broadway." I think I might be melting.

I look at him smiling and he understands I want to be the one playing this game now.

"My boyfriend", I begin and he lets out a small moan of pleasure at his title. I can't help but chuckle. "My lover." The moan intensifies and I have to kiss his lips to stop it. He is grinning now. "My world", I say and the grin is replaced by a smile. An honest smile. "My everything." I kiss him again before I add: "My Caden."

He smiles and tugs at me, pulling me even closer. He sinks his face into my neck, taking me in, savouring every moment of it. He then looks back at me and whispers in my ear: "You make me the happiest guy on this whole planet." I am chuckling as he leans down and kisses me, kisses me to mark every word of that sentence on my lips, my soul and my heart.

And as he lets go and looks me in the eyes, I can't help but smile.

Because I know that he makes me the happiest girl on this whole planet.

And I know I'll spend forever being the happiest, if I get to hold on to him and love him.

As if he could understand what I'm thinking, he nods once. Softly, but there. A silent promise. That we'll always have each other.

He kisses me to seal the deal. And I swear I can feel a tear rolling down my face, a tear to mark it all. Because I have loved and I have lost. I was made to feel like I am a nothing and I had people tell me it would have been best if I would have never existed. I was called all different names, all leaving scars on one's heart that are too deep to ever heal. I have run, and I have fought, and I survived.

And it all led me to him.

My happiness.

I can only pull him closer and let tears of joy run down my face.

My love.