4. Adrenaline Rush

"Progress?" You ask to check if everything's in place for the mission.

As discussed during the prep and practise, four undercover agents, including Ryan, are surrounding the premises, keeping an eye on who goes in and out, and have found the possible points of entry into the premises, as planned. Two agents are disguised as waiters. They're under you, and were supposed to get the confirmation and locate exactly when and where the auction will be taking place inside the premises.

Everyone started stating their positions. You pretend to fidget with your hair, jewellery and dress while you listen. You hear Ryan's voice at last,

"Agents on the floor have found the fire exit, which leads right into the basement. But there's no confirmation on the auction, y/n."

"Right. Either the auction is yet to happen or they know we're here. Let's say it's yet to happen. Ava, Max, look out for people who seem out of place. Who look like they're waiting. They'll lead you to the auction."

"Copy." "Copy, y/n." The two agents in the party said.

"And everyone, keep an eye out for any sus movements. I'm going back to Tony, he's about to address the gathering."

Everyone says 'copy' one by one as you head back to Tony.

"There you are!" Tony welcomes you and hands you a glass of champagne from a waiter passing by. The waiter was Max.

You stuck around with him as he was approached by men and women of different stature, and when they asked him about you, he told them that you are 'His lady for the evening'.

"May I have your attention, please." Everyone turns their heads towards the stage. A relatively older person is standing behind the podium, wearing a black suit, looking at the crowd.

He begins his introductory speech when the music stopped.

"Good evening all, It's very heartwarming to see all of us joining hands and coming together tonight for such a great cause. We all know that the alien invasion has affected many people who are less privileged than us...." He goes on.

Everyone listens to him and some of them occasionally murmur comments to their friends standing beside them. You take sips from your glass as you stand beside Tony, who's also looking at the stage.

"I have visuals of people moving towards the basement." You hear Ryan say.

"y/n, a few people from the crowd are moving towards the stairs." Max reports.
(Those stairs lead to the basement.)

When you turned around you saw three men and two women slowly moving to the back of the hall. You look at Max, he was already looking at you. You give him a subtle eye gesture to follow them.

"Ryan hold your position." You whispered tilting your head down, with least lip movement, as you put the champaign to your mouth.

"Copy" you heard Ryan. You glaced at Tony, his attention still on the stage.

"..... This event is a symbol of humanity and compassion as we've collected here to raise the fund..." The introducer goes on.

"Y/n, I'm entering the basement, it says 'restricted area', moving down... Okay! Auction location confirmed! Repeat. Auction in basement." Max says.

You see a few more people, slyly moving towards the back.

A man standing on Tony's otherside whispers something in his ear. You turn your head away from Tony, put champaign to your lips and whispered to yourself,

"Agents, we've found the auction. Ryan, move in with the boys, stay undercover. I'll join you once Tony's on stage."

"Hm?" You look back at Tony. "What was it, Sonia?" Tony whispered to you.