38. Solo?

Y/n's POV

Right now

You slowly come back to your senses, and gently open your eyes to find yourself seated. You look ahead at the clouds through the windshield, and your brain compiles all the data to conclude that you're in the jet. The dream is still afresh and thinking about it can still make your heart race; not in the happy new love kinda way, but in a very scared I'm gonna die kinda way.

You can see that Clint on the driving seat.

"Hi," you hear Tony approach you from your left.

You look at him, and are immediately reminded of how Josh had his face in the dream, and your eyebrows clench with anxiousness.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" He kneels in front of you. You cannot respond more than blankly staring at the worried man. He offers you a cup of water. But you didn't take it.

He tries to comfort you and tame the stray hair flying on one side of your head. You turn your head away from his touch.

"Let her be." Steve says from behind you.

"Cap, I'll let you mind your own business." Tony snaps back.

"She's on the team. This is my business." Steve says sternly without raising his voice, "walk away."

The screen on the other side of the jet begin to bling with Maria's name on it, capturing Tony's attention. He gives up the argument and goes to attend it.

"Hill." Tony says taking a seat across you.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is..." You hear her, "there's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." That catches your attention. What happened with Bruce?

Tony sighs, "Stark relief foundation?"

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Everyone's... We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria suggests.

"So, run and hide?" Tony leans towards the screen.

"Until we can find Ultron we don't have a lot else to offer." You look towards Maria on the screen.

"Neither do we."

-----------------------

Tony's POV

Right now

Tony declines the call, and decides to check on you again but doesn't act on it, maybe Cap's right; you need time to sit with it, plus that traumatized supersoldier is watching over you like a hawk. So instead he offers his help to Clint, "hey you want to switch out?"

"No, I'm good," He responds from the pilot's seat, "if you want to get some winks now's a good time because we're still a few hours away."

"From where?"

"Safehouse."

Tony walks away from him, and looks at the broken team. You and Natasha are deep in thought, making Tony wonder what you saw when that psycho messed with your head. He wants to ask you but he won't. His eyes lingers on his best friend who's sitting on the floor with a blanket wrapped around him. He himself brought Bruce into the ship after the green faded away, and gave him that blanket.

And Steve? He's never been this way. Ofcourse he's been serious but today is an unusual kind.

Atleast Clint is okay. Thank God he is. He doesn't know what he'd do if he would be the only one sane. Although when he saw Clint shaking Steve out of his dream, he slept in at the rescue and slapped the soldier back to reality.