34. "shit!" "stupid." "sweetheart?"

Tony's POV

Right now

The press was like usual; awful. There's like vultures trying to pick at him and reveal something even bigger than the time he declared he is indeed iron man. But it's been a few years since that happy accident and Tony knows better than to directly feed what they're looking for. Instead he gives them enough to both write and ponder about.

He cannot wait to join you again at the bar after this horrifying game of dodging the brutal question bullets. He walks towards his mistress with his eyes and brief smile cutting short the interaction with strangers that might delay it. And now that he's done with what Pepper said, he has all the time in this world that he'd gladly give to you.

But soon he feels a couple of arms around his neck. His eyebrows raise to see a familiar face, which he cannot say he was happy to see.

"Where are you going darling?" She said in his seductive low voice. And Tony remembers why he slept with her that night.

"Ellie. You haven't changed a bit." He tilts his head to smile at the blondie. "Still desperate to sleep with me, aren't you?"

"What can I say? I hadn't had a night like that in quite a while," she presses herself on his shirt. He raises his hands to grab her waist to snatch her away and maintain the gap again. Her voice doesn't enchant him anymore. Not the way like yours do.

"Too bad This guy's unavailable tonight," he pushes her away from him, but her arms around his neck tightens.

"Come on, Stark, I know you want this," she forces herself on him that puts him off. He looks down at her deep necked dress, then pulls a couple hundred bills from his wallet.

He shoves the bills in between her bustlines, "buy yourself some implants and keep trying, you might get a millionaire to sleep with tonight," his hands move up to set himself free of the pythons around his neck, "and excuse me, I have a woman to ask out." he smiles at her shocked expression.

He brushes past Ellie, who turns around to look at him then the hundreds stuffed in her bosom, comprehending if it was the same Tony she met about six months ago. When Tony reached the bar, you were nowhere to be found. He found Natasha instead.

"Have you seen y/n?" He asks her.

"Yea she said she left for the restroom," he nods at her, "but I'm not sure if she reached there," Natasha says.

He gives her a questioning side eye,

"it's because she saw that girl all over you. It was pretty obvious she is upset."

His eyelids drop closing his eyes shut. Even though it was nothing on his part, anyone seeing another woman's arms around his neck would totally assume that what's about to follow is something fowl. And you are so scarred already.

He feels his body freezing, realising he might have unintentionally hurt you, "Shit." He whispers.

"Shit it is," Nat confirms, nodding. The bartender puts two shots of neat tequila on the slab, "I got this for Y/n, guess you need it more,"

She hands the vodka to Tony, who finishes it like water.

Tony snacks his lips and clears his throat after slamming the glass against the wood, "Gotta go," without any delay he rushes towards the elevator up the stairs.

Opinions never bothered him. Nor did the jealous gaze of other women when he held someone else's waist. Instead he liked it. He loved the attention. It made him feel wanted. But today, he surprises himself with the way he bolts towards you, and how desperately he wants your head to be cleared of all the doubts about his faithfulness towards you.