20. Flowers

Y/n's POV

The next morning

The sunlight pierce your closed eyelids, interrupting your sweet dream. You squint, turn in the couch and wrapping your arm around the cushion, pulling it close and stuffing your head in it to go away from the brightness. But it's too late you're already awake.

You lazily sit up, rubbing your eyes open, gazing for a while at the pizza box from last night laying on the table, still dizzy from the dream. You don't remember when you fell asleep on the couch, or anything about your dream, nothing at all. All you remember is that it was a good dream and was about your latest mission partner.

You try really hard to remember what it was to add it to the collection of Tony's memories even though it never really happened, but soon give up. Seems like your brain has deleted the dream even from the trash can folder. You get up and enter the bathroom to proceed with your morning hygiene routine.

You take your sweet time to pamper yourself in the bathroom, and after about three hours, you walk out feeling like you just got reincarnated.

You leave your hair open deciding to air dry it, and start to make some turkey sandwiches for yourself. You sit on your family sized dining table with your breakfast, only to find the hushed silence uncomfortable, so you immediately make a decision to head somewhere.

After a while of driving, you find yourself standing in front of a pet store. You're done doing all this alone. A pet is a good choice to vanish loneliness. You feel a tap on your shoulder, so you turn around to check out who it was.

A bouquet is shoved at your face, making you hold it with both your hands.

"Flowers for the grave of your work that you dug yourself!" The familiar voice says.

You laugh, "Thanks, I guess." You inhale the flowers, "What are you doing here, Cho?"

----------------------------------------------

Tony's POV

The same morning

He wakes up from the nap he never intended to take with a screwdriver in his hand, and the mark on his cheek made by the stuff he slept upon. He might have dozed while tinkering at his suit. He glances at the clock, it's six in the morning. He decides to head up to his room to get his spine on the bed.

He leans against the wall of the elevator, while Jarvis drops Tony to his room. The elevator opens and he walks in, unbothered by the morning thoughts about you, swimming around his head.

He was about to enter his bedroom when his eyes fall on the two garment bags kept, rather thrown at his couch; Pepper's way of stating her disappointment. He realises it's the first time he is visiting his floor since he came back from the mission.

He approaches the couch and unzips one of them. The maroon colour of your dress pops up and he notices the dress doesn't look that good, now that you're not wearing it. He pulls it up to his face, and takes a good sniffle, filling his lungs which warms the centre of his chest because it smells like you. He wonders what it might be to get used to it, wonders how it would feel to take it right off your shoulder every morning he wakes up.

He checks the other garment bag and takes his suit out of it, holding it up by the hanger to have a better look at it. After admiring his choice, he picks your dress in his other hand, and starts to move towards his wardrobe. Mentally deciding to treasure your dress and never giving it for laundry.