11. Hands Tied

You look up to see Natasha walking towards you, you ignore her greeting.

"How do you feel?" She says, she sounds a little concerned, but you're unsure if it's true or she's faking it to make the interrogation easier.

You look away.

"How long have I been out?" You ask her.

"Four hours. We started getting worried about you."

(That felt like a ten-hour sleep though)

You smirk.

"You don't have to play sympathetic." You say but didn't look in her eyes.

She smiles and says,
"Good that you're doing fine." You look up, too tired to give an expression. She continues, "Now, there are a few questions I'd like you to answer."

You stare at her, while you try to untie your hands. Steve enters the room.

The dizzy image of the blonde man, from right before you fainted, comes to your mind.

(It was Steve!)

You're sure now.

(The new at cooking drama makes sense now.)

He walks inside and leans against the wall behind Natasha, folding his arms in front of his chest. His eyes are staring at you, with a hint of betrayal in them, from the moment he entered.

"So y/n, CIA sent you for a mission. What was the mission?" Natasha says. She stands a few feets away from you. You know that resisting isn't gonna help but you can't help it, it's more of a habit now.

Seeing you silent, she pulls out the orb from her pocket, "This might help you remember..."

(God damn it! She has that.)

She places the orb on her palm, and the screens open, "Atleast tell me why are they still alive if their names are struck?" She look at you. The blue reflection of the holographic screens makes her eyes look colder.

"Tony hacked it for ya?" You finally speak looking between Steve and Nat, your voice deeper than usual from the siesta.

"What makes you think I need him to hack into a system?" Nat responds and smiles. She makes a fist around the orb, closing the holographic screens and puts it back into her pocket.

You look down in relief. Atleast Tony isn't involved in this.

"And stop trying, that's a special knot." Nat says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony's POV in his Lab.

Ten minutes ago.

Tony is wearing a robotic exoskeleton in his hand, which is allowing him to remotely control the miniature metal structure, tinkering at the delicate parts of a satellite.

Bruce is working on the satellite's model, on the holographic blue screens.

After some tinkering, Tony leans back into his chair and lets out an exhausted sigh. He pulls his coffee cup to his lips, only to see that it's empty. He smiles as your glaring face pops up in his mind from when he asked you for a coffee yesterday, that you never delivered.

It's fun for him to annoy you.

"You're thinking about y/n?" Banner says. Tony stops smiling and looks at him.

"I'm just missing my coffee." Tony lies.

"Tony, nobody smiles while missing their coffee." Bruce smiles.