31. Rebel

A/n: before we start today, I just wanna scream,

WE REACHED 5K READS GUYS! 😱💓

When I first started I didn't think we'd reach here, well....😭

So just a gentle reminder that I'm thankful to you for making it this far in my story, sooner or later!

And this chapter is dedicated to you. ☺️
Yes YOU. 🙈
Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

Right now

"You just cannot do that Tony!" Pepper's really annoyed, but surprisingly sounds equally calm.

"I already told you Pep, I trust this guy, I think this is the next big thing."

"50 million for rocket shoes?!?"

"That's not just any rocket shoes! They work on hydrogen fuel, which mean- pufft! Why am I even bothered to explain science to an economics woman!?" He pours himself a drink, at the bar behind you. And you keep staring at the off TV, wanting to run away from his presence, but somehow your spine's frozen.

At last she's done with him after arguing for a while and starts to leave.

"And Pepper," she turns around to look at him, "stop arguing with me in public, people think we're together." He sips his drink.

"And since when are you concerned about that?" Pepper raises her eyebrows at him.

"It's been a week," He finishes his drink, and you can hear the amusement in his voice.

"Tsk. You know what, I am not interested in whatever you are" she holds an open palm out rotating it at him, "... doing, I've a meeting with the Board in fifteen. And you do too. So if you could be punctual this time, I'd be honoured." And she leaves.

"See ya," he says to her back pouring himself another one.

And that's your cue to leave the space where you and Tony are alone, after a long time.

Getting up, you start to walk towards the exit. You know someone just went down the elevator, so you direct your foot towards the stairs.

"Did you really turned down Fury?" He asks and you stop where you've reached.

"Yea." You nod, and squint your eyes, without turning around.

"Shit that's hot," he mumbles into the glass, taking a sip of his drink. It was loud enough for you to hear but,

"You said something?" You narrow your eyes at him while trying to stop your lips from curving.

He walks closer to you, "I said that's.... Admirable." He smiles standing a few feets away from you.

"Well, thank you, Tinker man," you let that smile appear on your face.

His eyes scan your face, and gazes into your eyes. There's a different kind of spark in those inky dark wormholes, which disappears when he's looking at anyone else.

"Do I make you uncomfortable by any chance?" He looks down into the glass just before putting it against his lips again, then meets your eyes.

"No, why?" You tilt your head at his sudden question.

"You can tell me if I do, I would try to do my best to remove your..." His eyelids dip a degree, "...hesitation around me."

"Not at all, Tony," Your eyebrows furrow as you shake your head in a no.