10. No Stark, just Struck

"I spoke to your friend yesterday." Natasha says, she pulls her chin down to give you a suspicious look.

(Ryan..?)

Then it clicked!

(Oh! She's talking about Sonia!)

"Yea? How's she?" You say walking upto the table, and perching on the edge that isn't occupied by her legs. You rest your arms on the table to lean back a little, facing her.

"Forgetful." Nat says, then looks up at you to take note of your reaction, "Says she don't know a soul named y/n."

During the clean-up phase of that mission, your teammates have replaced all the fake information, like the photo, biometrics, address... with the real Sonia Davis's.

"Well, She hasn't changed a bit." You make things up. Natasha slowly nods and looks at her gun.

"What did you say she is doing?" She says. You look away for a moment then answer,

"Modelling."

"Ah! A model... Must be tough." She looks in your eyes, squeezing them a little, "When was the last time you guys talked?"

"It's been a while.." You say after taking a moment.

"Don't you think you should be there for her more often?"

"Nah, she's doing good on her own. Besides, I was busy with my own stuff."

Nat smiles looking down at her gun again. And her smiling to herself is terrifying, but you kept your calm.

"You said this is your first gig, what kept you busy?"

(Damn she's good at this...)

"Yeah. My mom got sick..." You improvise and look at your feet to act like you're sad.

(I know you're good Nat, but I didn't say 'Job', I said 'stuff'. Thank God, I said 'stuff'!)

Nat puts her legs down, still leaning in your chair, "I'm sorry." It is genuine, atleast it looks like so.

"Yea, so you came all the way here, only to tell me that you talked to my long lost friend?" You tilt your head down, and arch your eyebrows.

She stands up, puts her gun in her utility belt and says, "I thought you'd love to hear about her."

"Thanks, Nat! You're so considerate."

"You're welcome." She says and passes you

a smile. She starts to walk towards the door.

You get off the table, and turn around to look at her back. Crossing your arms you say, "You needed a gun for this conversation? Really?"

She looks around, without stopping, "Oh, no This is my fidget toy." And leaves.

(I thought I was through the Natasha's suspicious era...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, you are working in your room in the evening. You have the orb projecting the screens in the air.

You strike off the last few names, clearing them off of your suspicious list.

(It doesn't make sense...)

The information said infiltration in the system. And striking all the names clear implies that the information is wrong. You re-check the update a couple of weeks ago, you're not wrong. There really is a file informing the same.