The Date

Taking a sip of my drink, I looked out the large window next to our booth

Taking a sip of my drink, I looked out the large window next to our booth. The restaurant looked over the large river several miles out of town. The moon rose slowly, showing off its half-lit side. The setting sun left its peach colour on the clouds.

Over dinner, we made small talk, and I got Leo up to speed from last night's drama at Jack's.

"Next time you get a call like that, please call me," he affirmed.

"I didn't think you used the ladies' room," I teasingly smirked as he laughed.

"You know what I mean. The vamps could have still been there. You could've run into more trouble."

"Hm."

I thought back to the night. I was focused on Seri and Quinn, that I didn't think about any lurking dangers. I should've called for backup.

Come to think of it...

"I don't have your number..." I thought out loud, embarrassed.

"You really don't use your phone much, huh?" he laughed and gave me his phone.

"I was going to ask if that was Quinn next to Seri. Has she come around?"

"It was, and she has. I think you need to change your name to Mr Right."

He grinned sneakily, and I felt I would regret saying that later. The waitress came closer to the table stopping our conversation.

"All finished? Would you like to see our dessert menu?"

Leo looked at me, and I nodded.

"Yes, please," he answered.

"You just don't want to go back to Seri and Quinn yet," he whispered as she walked away momentarily.

"No," I defended, "I'm enjoying our time together," I said, browsing the menu the waitress placed on the table.

Leo plucked it from my hands and glanced over it, "You knew what you were having before you ordered your main," he stated.

I laughed, "How did you know that?"

"Easy," he smirked, "You looked over the deserts first before the main."

Smiling I ask, "Want to share a chocolate cake?"

He replied with a smile, "Only if there is a scoop of ice cream on the side."

I grabbed the server's attention to order when I noticed out of the corner of my eye who was serving at the bar.

'Shit.'

My hand faulted and played with my hair instead and I retrained my attention to Leo.

"Who have you seen?" Leo leaned forward, eyebrows raised.