Cursed

Alex groaned on the route to school

Alex groaned on the route to school. He was shoved into the back of the tiny Yaris with bags all around him.

"What's wrong, Alex?" I asked, looking at him in the rearview mirror; he looked grumpy.

"How long are they staying with us again?"

I chuckled as Quinn and Seri stopped chattering to look at him.

"Too much oestrogen, huh?" I teased, and he groaned once more.

Quinn replied to Alex's question, "Hmm, I don't know, that bed is so comfy. I might have to move in permanently," she hinted.

Alex whined in protest and, crossing his arms, grumbled, "I'm glad I'm not here for the next two weeks."

The bell for lunch rang out. Leo waited for me, and we walked out of the classroom together. As we headed to the cafeteria, I was ambushed.

Quinn and Seri hooked their arms around mine and hurried me further down the corridor, missing the cafeteria doors.

"We will be right back!" Seri sang loudly.

They turned down the next empty corridor and huddled around me. My eyes flitted between the two.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Spill," Seri replied.

"Spill what?"

Quinn huffed, "Are you serious? The date dummy!"

I decided to mess with them, "It was awful," I wailed dramatically.

They were stunned in silence before looking at each other.

Seri speculated, "Yeah, looked like it, seeing as though you were kissing face and that."

"What do you want me to say? We had dinner; we had a great time, and we went home."

"And..." Quinn drawled out, rolling her hand in the air.

"And...?" I mimicked.

"Are you a thing...?"

I looked off to the side. I could not stop the blush rising, and I quietly confessed, "Yes."

My poor ears were in pain from the shrieking; after a few moments, they quietened down, and I queried Quinn.

"What about you and Devan?"

"I haven't talked to him yet," she faltered.

"Not even a text?"

She shook her head; no. Seri typed away on her phone as she walked towards the cafeteria; my phone buzzed. A new message was sent to the group chat, and one person was added.