Anna

I took the rose oil and traced a pentacle on her back.

"Here, take this." I gave her the oil, "Protect yourself and the house. Don't neglect it this time."

She nodded, wiping the sweat away with a towel.

A large hand clasped my shoulder and touched the upper part of my back.

"Great work, Lexi," Nixon said, praising, "Now I think it best to replace the lock."

"Dad. No!" Quinn gasped.

She pushed down on his elbow, trying to get the palm away from my back, but his magic was already invading. I gasped from the pain of his magic forcing mine back down. I felt blood trickle from my nose.

"Quinn. Lexi cannot control it."

"I am sick of this bullshit!" she spat.

"Language."

While they fought. He silently continued invading and tying my magic down. I felt weaker, woozier.

"No. You listen to me! Stop it! She doesn't need it. This. What happened tonight should have proved to you that much."

"Leo..." I tried weakly, reaching out.

His hand held mine; if looks could kill, Nixon would have died years ago.

"Athame," I whispered.

Leo glanced down, spying the same thing I was staring at.

The flames in the cauldron dimmed as he continued slyly. Noticing the flames, Leo picked up the athame and pointed it at Nixon.

"Stop it."

Nixon let go and stepped back, "It's for her own good."

He looked up at Mum, "Isobelle, tell them! She is her father's daughter."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mum retorted.

"She will turn Dark just like the rest of your family."

Mum looked in horror, "That's what you think of my family? Of our family?"

"Just look at your mother, your brother, your husband. I'm protecting you from that heartbreak just as you asked."

Mums face was horrified, she shook her head slowly. She could not believe the words coming out of his mouth.

"It doesn't matter. It's on." I said louder.

Quinn turned and pulled the collar down.

A blue box was reprinted in the same place; the red bar was barely there. Leo stopped him before he could tighten it more.

Quinn glared at her dad; getting up, she said nothing as she left. Devan followed her, probably to comfort her.

All eyes were still on Nixon.

"You will all thank me later," he muttered and left, opposite the way Quinn went.

"Winnie," Heaven gently poached, "I think you need to beat some sense into him."

Winnie looked down, defeated, "You know...You know I have tried for years. Isobelle, I don't know where that came from. He never told me. Goddess, I don't know what to do."

That was the first time I ever saw her cry.

Leo dropped the athame and wiped the blood I didn't get from my face.