Werewolves

'Geez. Really?'

I looked at my phone once more. In the 'Girls Only' chat, they discussed what to wear. Of course, we couldn't just go in jeans. Oh no, Quinn practically shouted at me for suggesting the idea.

Here I was, looking through my closet to dress to the nines. For a 'quick drink' at Jack's Hideout.

A quick drink, my ass.

Dressing like this; we would eventually taxi to the nearest town after a few drinks. I texted Leo the warning, to which he replied.

[Devan already told me 😉]

Sigh. I pulled out the little black dress, a clutch, and heels.

'Girl, we got work to do.'

"Well, the boy scrubs up good," Mum stated, looking out my bedroom window.

I moved to peek out; sure enough, Leo was walking towards the house. His black shirt was buttoned up, except for the last two, grey jeans and trainers to match.

"Don't have too much fun, sweetie."

"Mum!" I whined.

She laughed, leaving the room.

After asking Mum nicely for a lift to Jack's, she pulled into a side road a few minutes away from the hideout. As I unbuckled the seatbelt, she turned to look at us.

"Stay safe. If you need to call me, it doesn't matter if I'm asleep."

"Okay, Mum. See you later."

I leaned forward and kissed her cheek before following Leo out of the car. I waved as she left, and Leo held out his arm.

"Please lead the way."

I chuckled, and holding his arm, I gently guided him down the alley. The same cigarette smell got stronger as we walked down. I could see the faint amber glow at the end. I turned to the metal door and knocked twice. The metal window slid open, and amber eyes peered out.

"ID?"

"Bellatrix."

The door opened, allowing us entry.

I spotted Seri and Quinn at a high table waving while walking in with Leo. Devan and Lathen were playing at a pool table just before them. It was busy on a Sunday night. Usually, all the tables would be occupied, yet somehow, they managed to get a prime spot.

After a few drinks, Quinn tried to play pool with Devan but failed miserably. Devan was more than happy to teach her...

"Shameless!" Seri hollered.

Quinn stuck her tongue out at her and carried on. Seri and I laughed and sat dancing in our seats to the music.

"Hey!" Exploded a voice from the bar, "Hands off my sister."

We stopped and couldn't help but look over. It was Tiffany's brother; he was clutching an offensive hand, and Tiffany was calming her brother down.

"Calm down or take it outside," Commanded a voice.

Jack.

"Geez, sorry, miss." The guy shrugged his hand out of the tight grip and walked away.

"Bro! Chill, come on."

Tiffany turned and returned to her group. Her brother still seething with anger, followed her without taking his eye off the random guy.