Stay?

Thursday evening came around quickly; it was raining heavily outside, while refreshing, the bitter cold wind forced us to have a circle inside.

I was in Leo's house helping rearrange the furniture in the living room. It was spacious once the sofas were pushed to the walls and the coffee table was moved to the kitchen.

I brought garden twine to outline a circle so as not to ruin the carpet.

"There," Leo said, setting down the rolled-up rug in the kitchen.

Glancing at the clock, it was a few minutes past six. I settled down on the large sofa pushed against the wall, looking out the bay window to the front of the house.

"Do you think Lathen will come?" Leo asked, passing me a cup of tea.

I chewed my lip in thought. Lathen wasn't wholly hostile towards Leo. After meeting at the bar, Leo's charm opened up a friendly Lathen. He was slowly getting back to his old self around me after the rites... I wasn't sure if that was a good thing. I felt on guard around him after the argument.

"I have no idea," I said honestly, "He won't be doing himself any favours if he doesn't accept us."

Taking a sip from the mug, I folded my legs under me and shifted closer to Leo, facing him with a perfect view of the porch, and we settled into a comfortable silence while waiting.

Hearing the car doors shut, I peered out of the windows—half past, right on time. Four people walked up to the door. Leo patted my knee and got up to open the door for them. I was half surprised Lathen was also there. I grinned when I saw Devan and Quinn holding hands. They were back together alright.

Luckily, my cup was empty as Seri hopped beside me on the sofa to hug me. Quinn sat at my other side as Devan went to the kitchen with drinks for after. My grin continued as I watched her.

"Not a word," Quinn warned me.

"Drama queens, the pair of you," I teased.

"Please don't scare us like that again," Seri added, pouting.

Quinn rolled her eyes and leaned her head onto my shoulder; I passed my cup to Leo when he held his out, passing us.

"Anything more on this necklace freaky necklace business?" Seri asked.

I shook my head, "No, but I feel so much better," I admitted, "I've been tired and exhausted whenever that was around. I think it had something to do with it."

"Well, if it affected you emotionally, it would not be surprising if it was draining you," Quinn pointed out.

I nodded in agreement.

"So..." Seri trailed.

Oh no, I braced myself as she continued.

"I think you are leaving some details out of these astral visits you've been talking about," Seri whispered, hinting mischievously.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," I feigned innocence.

"Hm? No kissy faces?" Quinn whispered.

"Always whispering," Lathen interrupted from the doorway, looking at the three of us.

I chuckled as Quinn said, "Girly things don't concern boys!"

"What if you're talking about said boys?"

"Even more so," she defended.

"That's not fair!" Devan protested from behind him.

"Feel free to whisper about us," Quinn teased before getting up, "Are we circle-ing or what?"