2. | Strange

Dashing to my bedroom, I quickly freshen up, changing into a white, loose blouse with a black leather skirt, a small split on my thigh

Dashing to my bedroom, I quickly freshen up, changing into a white, loose blouse with a black leather skirt, a small split on my thigh. I curl my hair and pin it up in a half up-half down look. I apply makeup and lip gloss before I slip on my black stilettos with red bottoms.

Gotta thank Maya for my absolute favorite pair of heels. Obviously they're expensive, but since for my birthday we went on a shopping spree — which she paid for — I got these heels.

I grab my purse and stuff my phone charger inside. It's a small but long purse, black with a few pockets. I never really needed a big purse as I just went to and from work at a bakery. I wrap my purse over my shoulder, the strap digging into my neck, though it's not as painful as it sounds.

I walk downstairs, my heels clicking. I rustle through my purse, looking for my wallet as I feel him stand up. "I'm ready to go; I just need to find my..." I trail off, looking at the table next to the door. My wallet lays atop of it. "Found it."

I grab it and stuff it in my purse. I walk into my dining room, snatching my phone off the table. I walk back to the table, grab my jacket, and slip it on, slide my hair out from underneath the collar, and grab my keys from the little bowl.

"Are you re—" I cut off mid sentence when I find that he's staring at me with a weird expression on his face. My brows furrow and I follow his gaze, looking down at my outfit. "Is it too much?" I look back up at him.

He slowly shakes his head. "No. No. It's— It's fine."

I nod apprehensively. I shut off my dining room light and open the door. He walks out first and I turn off the chandelier-looking light above my head. I close the door, locking it behind me, then walk off to his car— Sorry, limo, where he's currently waiting.

He opens the door for me. I mutter a quiet thank-you then climb inside. I scoot down and he sits down by the door I entered. Then we leave.

***

"And this is your desk." My boss says, showing me to a desk across from his office. "You should find everything you need here, but if you need anything, you're welcome to my office."

"Shouldn't I knock first?" My brows furrow.

"Well, of course, you knock. You don't just walk into someone's house, do you?"

"It was just a question, dick." I mutter.

He leans toward me. "What was that? I can't hear you when you mumble."

"Thank you for the tour, Boss. You can go now." I smile fakely. He narrows his eyes at me before walking off. I watch him leave, setting my purse down on the desk.

"New girl." A girl speaks, and I turn to her. Her arms are crossed, her glasses sitting crooked on her button nose and her blonde hair tied up in a bun.