61. | Christmas Eve: Part Two

Everyone's eaten and they're all just hanging out, most of them laughing and chatting in the kitchen

Everyone's eaten and they're all just hanging out, most of them laughing and chatting in the kitchen. Maya and Mason are cuddled up on the couch, watching A Christmas Story. They haven't left that spot since they got here.

I look out the window and notice it's snowing. And it seems like it has been for a while, the ground covered in snow.

I look beside me at the girls and hold a finger to my lips, waving them over with me. We look out the window, watching the snow fall. "It's snowing." I whisper. "You know what we should do?"

"Snowball fight?" Blair whispers.

I nod with a grin. "Snowball fight. Come on." I lead them into the entryway, helping them put their coat and shoes on, making sure they stay warm outside while also putting mine on. I hold my finger to my lips to make sure they don't make a sound. "Ready?"

They nod with smiles.

I stand up and cup my hands over my mouth, "Snowball fight!" I hear clatter, and I open the door. "Go, go!" I grin, taking the girls outside. We run out into the snow, gloves on our hands, and begin to build a wall as the others run out, yelling and laughing.

Within seconds, snowballs are flying from every direction and people are ducking for cover. I form a ball and run to a tree, hiding behind it. I peek out, searching for Rhys, but I don't find him anywhere.

Arms wrap around me from behind, spinning me before we fall into the snow. I turn, finding Rhys grinning at me. I roll onto my side, grinning at him.

Then, I smash snow against his face, jumping up and running. "Hey!" He yells. He easily catches up to me, picking me up by my waist and spinning me again.

He lets me go and I reach down, grabbing more snow and throwing it at him. He only throws more back. Then the girls begin to throw snowballs at us and another war breaks out.

Eventually, we move to boys against girls. But considering there are more girls, we win.

We calm down from snowball fights, building snowmen and making snow angels before we head inside to warm up and open presents. Most of them are for Azzy, but she shares her presents with Blair. If I had known about her, I would've gotten her something.

"Here. This is for you." Rhys tells, sitting down beside me as I take the box from him. It's small, like a jewelry box.

"What is it?" I look up at him confused.

"Open it." I do. I open the small box, revealing a ring inside. But I recognize it.

"My promise ring..." I whisper in awe. I lost it when everything went down with Kylie, and I thought it was gone forever. "You found it?"

"It's what pieced together the puzzle." He explains.

I smile at him. "I'm glad you found it." I take it out and slide it back onto its designated finger, fitting like a glove. "Now you just gotta replace it with an engagement ring." I joke, and we both chuckle.