46. | Revenge

I groan as I wake, my body throbbing with pain

I groan as I wake, my body throbbing with pain. I try to move my hands, but I'm restrained. I pull at my hands, but the ropes only burn at my skin.

"Morning." I snap my head up, Kylie sitting on one of the many crates stacked in a pile. "Miss me?"

"Not once." I speak through gritted teeth.

She sighs, jumping down from the crate. "I really didn't want it to come down to the whole Yandere thing."

"Really? Could've fooled me." I glare at her, breathing heavily. I'm not one for violence against women, but at this moment, I'm wishing nothing more than to bash her head into the concrete.

"I gave you a choice, Rhys." She leans over me. "And you chose her." She sneers the pronoun, disdain dripping in her tone. "I didn't want to do this, but..." She plunges a knife into my side, my body jerking with a grunt. "If I can't have you," She rips it out. "No one can."

I huff, pain coursing through me. "Why are you doing this?" I ask as she cleans off the blade using a white cloth.

"Because your little girlfriend stole what's mine. And you chose her. So now..." She stalks to me. "I'm going to steal the one thing that means the most to you." She grins sinisterly.

She steps back and spins around, tossing her knife in the air and catching it. She calls over her shoulder, "If you'll excuse me, I've got another little mouse to play with."

I yank at the restraints. "Kylie!" She ignores me, walking further and further. "Kylie!"

My head pounds as I wake up, pushing myself into a sitting position

My head pounds as I wake up, pushing myself into a sitting position. I look around. Where the hell am I?

"You're awake."

My head snaps up and I back myself up into a wall. "Kylie."

She smirks. "You're afraid of me."

"Where am I?" I change the subject.

She sighs dreamily. "Somewhere no one can hear you scream." She shrugs. "Best place to be, really."

"What am I doing here?"