16. | Penelope

Kylie walks into the room, her handcuffs being cuffed to the table

Kylie walks into the room, her handcuffs being cuffed to the table. She smirks at me. "You really missed me, huh?"

I ignore her. "Why'd you do it?"

She leans back in her chair. "I don't know what you mean."

"Why did you go after Naomi?"

She leans forward as she speaks. "Because you're mine."

"I will never be yours." I sneer. I lean back in my chair. "How'd you do it?"

Her lips quirk up. "If you must know." She shrugs, placing her arms on the table. "I fell into the wrong crowd when I was younger. They took me in and taught me what they knew. Taught me self-defense. How to use a gun. How to hit the right spot to injure badly but not enough to kill." She smirks.

"Why did they show up?"

"Because they were supposed to take the fall." She shrugs simply. "They'd kill Naomi, and they'd take the blame."

"Do they know that?"

"They owe me. It was just a part of my plan."

"For me?"

"Of course. I always get what I want." She narrows her eyes with a smirk as she talks. "It was only a matter of time before I made you mine, but then she showed up." She rolls her eyes with a scowl.

"Let's get one thing very, very clear," I lean forward on the table. "I will never, and I mean never, love you." Her face forms into a scowl. "It's time you made peace with that fact."

She glares at me. "I always get what I want."

"Not this time." I push myself up, snapping my fingers. Two guards walk into the room, pulling her up.

"No! No! Get off of me!" She flails, fighting the men. They drag her out of the room as she screams, "You will be mine, Rhys! I'm sure of it!"

I walk the way I came, returning to my car. Driving back to the company, I walk inside with my phone in my hand.

"I want to talk to the CEO. I have a right to talk to him!" A woman yells.

"I understand that, but we've both searched the system. You don't have an appointment." Naomi speaks. I pocket my phone, walking to them.

"I want to talk to Rhys Croyso." The woman says slowly.

"You're lookin' right at him." She turns to me, her eyes widening.

"Oh, Rhys! You're here. Thank God."

"Please, don't call me that."

"Tell these women that I'm here to visit you, and they need to do their job." She looks Naomi up and down with disgust.

I step in her path. "Do you have an appointment?"

"W— As the CEO, you should have time to meet with me!" She yells.