Chapter 4: Heaven's Gate

The Straw Hat's were all waiting for their Captain to return. Of course he should have returned over 45 minutes ago, but his crew knows Luffy works off of his own schedule.

"You don't think someone in town beat him up, do you?" Chopper worriedly looked at (Y/N).

The (h/c) haired woman squatted down to Chopper's height and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Trust our captain, Chopper. He'll be back, just as promised." She softly smiled at the reindeer, which made him ease up a bit and return a smile back to her. 'I hope he doesn't get killed out there..'

"If Bellamy didn't beat him up, you better believe I will!!" Nami shouted with a vein popping out of her forehead and her hand raised up in a fist.

"Oh is that right, tough girl?" Zoro snapped at Nami, probably still mad at her from their argument earlier.

(Y/N) giggles lightly, "Hehe... okay Mr. 'tough guy'" she repeated one of Nami's insults from earlier. Zoro gave (Y/N) a demon's glare and was about to murder both her and Nami who was laughing in unison, but a loud yell was heard.

"HEEEEYYYYYYY!!!"

Everyone's expressions before all turned to smiles as they watched the black haired boy in the famous straw hat return to his crew.

"Look there, he's back! I knew he'd make it!" Masira exclaimed.

"I did it guys!" The captain yelled out to his crew. "Look, it's a Hercules! It took me forever to find it!"

Everyone was absolutely dumbfounded when they realized bug hunting was what took Luffy so long to get back. Luffy stopped running and looked at the Merry in shock. "WOAH!! That's awesome!!"

"Introducing the Going Merry: Flying Edition!" Usopp proudly spoke up.

Luffy and Usopp cheered about how awesome it is while Zoro and Nami finally agreed that the fact the Merry had features of a chicken was off putting since chickens can't fly.

(Y/N) climbed up the Merry's rope ladder after everyone boarded, the only one left was their captain Luffy. (Y/N) leaned over Merry's railing looking back towards Luffy who placed the bag of gold on the tree stump table in front of Cricket. They shared a moment of silence before Luffy thanked the Saruyama Alliance for fixing Merry and giving her the upgrade. He even gave his Hercules beetle to the alliance as a 'thank you' gift, which made (Y/N) smile at the boy.

'He's so cute when he's happy." (Y/N) slightly blushed at her thought, but was not ashamed of it.

"Come on Luffy, let's go!" Usopp shouted and waved at Luffy to hurry up.

"Coming!" Luffy ran up towards the Merry. Jumping up aboard the ship, "Time to set sail!" He exclaimed with a smile on his face. Nami agreed and the crew got to work to get the ship moving.

Luffy was messing with the South bird, moving its head in other directions just to watch it twist back to South. Luffy was laughing at the bird, "The goofy bird has to face South! It's like a compass!"