Chapter 100: The Strength of the Alliance

(A/N: Oi! Chapter 100, part: 101! Thanks for a the support so far, it's been so fun writing this story and I hope you all enjoy. I can't thank you guys enough <3 - Suki Mara.)

(Y/N) watched in amazement, and fear, as Smoker and Vergo clashed over and over again. Vergo held his bamboo against Smoker's Nanashaku Jitte, glaring through the weapons as he spoke. "There's no getting through my Armament Haki. You should know by now, this won't end well for you." Smoker panted making (Y/N) bite her bottom lip. 'I hate to admit it, but Vergo may be right on this. He has the upper hand against Smokey.' Vergo spoke again. "You're not a fool, Smoker. Stop this nonsense before you force me to kill you." Smoker just grunted, glaring back at Vergo.

(Y/N) looked down at Law, noticing he was walking the fight closely. "You should be resting." She whispered down to him.

"This is my resting." Law moved a bit upwards on (Y/N)'s lap. "I need to watch this, but I'll give my body time to recover."

"Good. I know Smokey can do this, so don't worry. We'll get your heart back soon." (Y/N) anxiously brushed Law's hair with her fingers as she watched the fight.

"What do you want to gain? Is this some misguided attempt to avenge the death of those scumbags?" Vergo questioned Smoker.

Smoker's eyes widened in anger. "They may be a bit rough around the edges, but they're better marines than you'll ever be! And those boys can take a punch, so I wouldn't write them off just yet." Smoker threw back his Nanashaku Jitte before sending his feet and fists through the air towards Vergo using his devil fruit ability. With ease, Vergo dodged every last one of his attacks. (Y/N) watched in amazement when Smoke Shaved behind Vergo. 'He knows that ability, too? I wonder how many marines are being taught it.' Vergo turned to Smoker, but was met with a elbow coated in Armament Haki.

(Y/N)'s eyes shined with excitement as Vergo was sent flying yards backwards from Smoker's attack. "You are way too excited over this." Law sassed up at (Y/N).

(Y/N) sighed off her excitement. "Yeah, it's just that it's been years since I've seen Smokey in action. I'm really proud of how much he's grown." She softly smiled up at her old friend as Smoker retracted his limbs and spun his Nanashaku Jitte on his hand. 'Heh. He's the one who taught me how to spin my sickles on my fingers like that.'

Smoker huffed. "Have some faith in the Navy, you scum."

Vergo sat up, cracking his neck before fully standing up. "I'm surprised, Smoker. I never took you for the sentimental type." (Y/N) glared at Vergo. 'Maybe I should use it. No, I'm liable to knock out Smoker and Law at their state. And it won't take care of Vergo, it will only slow him down.'

A death aura began to admit off (Y/N) making Law look up at her. Shadows covered her eyes making Law softly speak. "(Y/N)? Is there something wrong?"

(Y/N) blinked a few times, looking down at Law. "Huh?" Realization hit (Y/N). "Oh, that. Yeah, sorry. Other than Jackass over there trying to kill my friends, I just felt an awful, strange presence wash over me. Like someone was talking crap about someone I cared for. Again, sorry." (Y/N) innocently smiled at Law.

Law softly smiled back. "It's nice to see people like you exist in the world." (Y/N) 'huh'ed his words making Law continue. "Someone that will do anything for their friends, no matter the cost." Law slowly reached up, softly placing his hand on (Y/N)'s cheek. "There's something I have to tell you..."

(Y/N) grabbed Law's hand, smiling down at Law. "What is it? I'm all ears." Tears whelmed up in Law's eyes making (Y/N)'s smile drop. "Law? What's wrong?" She thought for a second. 'He never came off as the sentimental type. Cute, but concerning.' Realization stuck her. "Hey, don't tell me you're going to die on me or something! I'm getting you out of here, okay? Just stay with me—"