jealous (l.h)

"All I'm asking for is a little bit of help!" I yelled at my project partner.

He rolled his eyes at me, "Help yourself. Just text me when it's done."

He got up and left my room. A few seconds later I heard the front door close.

I groaned and fell on to my bed. I ran my hands through my hair. Why am I always getting stuck with the worst partners?

Before I could wallow in my pity, I heard a slight knock on my bedroom door. Looking up, I saw my best friend.

"What's got you all moaning and groaning?" Luke asked, sitting down.

I readjusted my body, resting my head on his lap. His hands ran through my hair, effectively calming me down.

"Just another stupid partner who's making me do all the work. Again."

He hummed, "For chem?"

I nodded, pressing my face against his abdomen. Sometimes I forget this boy has abs.

He tensed up, looking down at me. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to relax." I replied, pulling his hand to hold mine.

"We have the same chem class, you know? We could do the project together." he told me, placing his free hand on my upper thigh.

Now it was my turn to tense up. We've been touchy before, but not like this.

He moved his hand around, "So? What do you say?"

I looked up and smiled, "Yeah. Why not?"

We stayed like that for a bit. Cheesing at each other, my head on his lap and his hand on my thigh.

"You have a double chin from this angle." I said, breaking the silence.

He laughed and smacked my leg, "Shut up!"

I laughed along with him. I sat up, facing the wall. "We should probably work on the project."

"Yeah... Hey, can I tell you something?" he said, readjusting to be completely on my bed.

Nodding, he carried on, "Hayley asked me out."

I felt something turn in my stomach. Why was he telling me this? I turned around to face him, his face was bright red and he was messing with his hands.

"Did you say yes?" I asked, the feeling in my stomach getting worse.

"I said sure. Is that fine?"

"Yeah. I'll be right back I have to use the bathroom." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

Locking the door, I walked over to the sink. My hands found their way to my hair, tugging slightly before I felt a tear drop.

There's no reason I should be crying right now. I mean, Luke and I are just friends. He can go out with whoever he wants.

So why is this hurting me so much?

Wiping my tears away, I splashed cold water on my face, trying to reduce the redness.

When I walked back into my room, I saw Luke smiling at his phone.

"Who's making you smile like that?" I asked, not wanting an answer.

He looked up at me, "Hayley. She just asked me to come over."