casual? (l.h)

Luke quickly zipped his pants, trying to get out of your apartment as fast as he could.

Your roommate had texted you letting you know that she was on her way home. She didn't like Luke. She didn't like how he treated you liked some random hookup that he could just call up and get sex out of it.

Sad thing is, you didn't mind.

You didn't care if he was only using you for sex, you just wanted the closeness. And if it meant only getting with him when he pleased, then so be it. Sure, it was pathetic being at his beck and call every single time. But he always made it up by taking you out the next day.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he noticed the disassociated look on your face.

You nodded slowly, "I just wish you could stay this time."

He sighed and sat down next to you, "Me too. But I really don't want to be here when she's here."

"Too late."

Your heads darted in the direction of your bedroom door. You pulled up the blanket to cover your bare chest on which Luke had left some, now, deep purple marks.

"Hey! I thought you were gonna be a while?" You said sheepishly.

"Nope." She pointed a finger at Luke, "Out."

He gave her a thin lipped smile as he left the room. Leaving his hoodie behind, it clearly being the least of his problems.

When you heard the door shut, your roommate gave you a disappointed look. "Y/n, how many times are you going to let him do this?"

You sighed, "He cares. I know he does, he's just really focused on doing good his rookie year. He doesn't need a girlfriend right now."

Your roommate rolled her eyes, giving you a sympathetic smile. "Just promise me something. If by the time his rookie year is over and he doesn't ask you out, walk away from him."

Her proposal made you feel queasy. You hated the idea of leaving Luke, but deep down, you knew she was right. You nodded and gave her a smile.

"Get dressed. I wanna bake something tonight." She told you, walking out the room and shutting the door behind her.

You laid back against your pillows and ran your hand over the bruises on your body. You smiled at the not-so distant memory of when he left them.

Throwing on Luke's hoodie, you put your shorts back on and walked out of your room.

~Luke's pov~

"I don't know, man. She's great and I really like her."

Jack lifted his eyebrow, "You really like her? Or do you really like having sex with her?"

Luke let out a scoff, "I like her, asshole."

"So ask her out."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

Luke sighed, "Her roommate hates me, first of all. Second, I don't need a girlfriend right now. I need to focus on hockey."

"So why get involved with her in the first place?" Jack asked, scooping the rest of his food in his mouth.

"I don't know." Luke groaned, leaning back onto the counter.

Jack eyed his brother, "Here's what I think you should do. Grow up."

Luke gave his brother an offended look.

"She clearly likes you too. If she didn't, she would've cut you off already. If you can't be with her because of hockey, then you shouldn't fuck her."

Jack had a point, Luke knew this. But when he said it out loud, it helped him realize he's been nothing but an ass to you for 8 months.

"Just ask her out, bro." Was the last thing Jack said before he left the kitchen, leaving his younger brother pondering.

~your pov~

"They're not horrible, just incredibly dry!" You laughed, tasting the cookies you and your roommate made.

She laughed, coughing slightly at the dryness of the sweet treat. She opened up the fridge, grabbing the milk out before getting a glass out the cupboard. As you sipped your water, you were both startled by an aggressive knock on the door.

"The hell?" You said, walking over to look through the peephole. When you saw Luke standing outside looking like a lost dog, you didn't hesitate to open it.

Your roommate peeked around the counter. As soon as she saw Luke, she let out a scoff and gave you a look.

"Can we talk? Please?" Luke asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

You turned to your roommate, then back at Luke. "Yeah. Let's talk out here."

Closing the door behind you, you crossed your arms over your stomach, his body language making you nervous. He didn't speak right away, looking down at his feet. So, you decided to speak first.

"What's up?"

Luke looked up at you, meeting your eyes. "Does this bother you?"

You raised an eyebrow, "Does what bother me?"

"This. Me coming over to see you when I need to get off." He mumbled, clearly realizing how bad the situation sounded when he said it out loud.

His words made you freeze. Yes, it did bother you. But what were you meant to do, tell him the truth?

Instead of being honest, you faked a smile and looked away. "No."

"You're lying." He scoffed, taking a step closer to you. You avoided his eyes, knowing you couldn't lie to his face.

He didn't give you time to say another word before he pulled you closer, holding you tightly against his chest. The touch you had been longing for? That's what he was giving you at that moment.

He didn't want sex. He wanted you.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

"It's okay." You replied, squeezing him gently.

You could feel him shake his head, "No, it's not. I never meant to make you feel used."

The two of you stayed like that for a while, the only source of light coming from inside your house through the window. The wind blew gently, causing the hairs on your arm to stand.

He pulled away from you, keeping one hand on your body, the other cupping your face making you look at him. "Let me be your boyfriend. I'm done with this casual crap."

"Luke..."

"Please."

His hands pulled you in, placing his lips on yours. It felt different than before, it felt like he meant it. Like he cared for you.

You pulled away, your lips making a click. "Okay," You whispered. "But let's get one thing straight." He looked at you attentively, wanting to know your next words.

"You've got to make it up to me." You said, looking up at him through your lashes.

His eyes widened, but he nodded slowly. "How?"

"You know how."

i started watching suits the other day and oh my gosh harvey specter is soooo fine

anyway

hope you enjoyed!!

<3, J