snores (l.h)

I woke up to the smell of something cooking downstairs. Wiping the sleep away from my eyes, I turned to check my phone.

2:20 a.m.

A little earlier than I prefer, but what can you do? I stood up, taking a second to find my balance. After the darkness subsided, I made my way downstairs.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I made out the figure of my boyfriend making some pancakes and bacon. He looked equally as tired as I felt. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He jumped slightly at the feeling, looking down at me. He took his AirPods out of his ear and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"You alright?" He asked, his voice heavy with sleep.

I nodded, "Just woke up randomly. Are you?"

His shoulders shrugged, "Couldn't sleep. Your snoring was keeping me up so I decided to make some food."

All of a sudden I felt very guilty and embarrassed. A warm feeling rose onto my cheeks as I tightened my grip on Luke's waist slightly.

"Sorry."

He placed a kiss on top of my head, yawning before speaking again. "It's okay. It was cute."

I hid my face in his chest, too self conscious to even look at him right now. He chuckled and pulled me closer, shaking me gently.

"Hey. It's alright. I couldn't really sleep anyway!" He laughed, sounding more awake now.

"I'll just sleep on the couch from now on."

He quickly gave me a confused and slightly offended look. Taking a small step to the side, he caused me to pick my head up and look at him.

"The day you start sleeping on the couch is never."

"You need to sleep! It's okay, the couch is big anyway." I protested.

Flipping his pancake, he shook his head. "Not happening. Either way, you don't snore every night."

I groaned at the mention of my 'snoring', I like to think that I just take my sleeping very seriously.

He placed the pancake on an already tall stack. Picking up the plate, he walked over to the living room.

While Luke sat on the carpet and placed his legs under the coffee table, I grabbed a blanket from the small closet. I laid down behind him and got cozy. He had a show ready to play, so he grabbed the remote and started it.

"Do you want a pancake?" He offered.

I shook my head, "No thanks. I'm gonna go back to sleep."

"Please don't snore." He joked.

~~~

I woke up again, this time the sun was actually out. Still very tired, I tried to shift my body off the couch. I was quickly stopped by a tightening grip across my torso.

Turning my head around, I was met with quite a sight.

Luke's mouth was more than slightly open and his hair was all over the place. But before I could process any other thought, something caught my attention.

A noise.

I didn't lean any closer when a loud snore escaped his mouth. My hand clasped over my mouth, trying to hold in my laughter. I reached my hand over my head, blindly searching for my phone.

Once I had a hold of it, I quickly opened my camera app. I turned to face Luke as gently as I could so I wouldn't wake him up. Setting my camera to the .5 angle, I hit record.

His timing was perfect. As soon as I hit the button he let out an extremely loud snore and an equally as loud exhale. I stopped the video, having enough proof.

Since he didn't get much sleep earlier, I decided to just send him the video over text so he would see it when he woke up. I got comfortable in his arms again, which was very easy considering his size.

There's many reasons as to why I love waking up with him most mornings. Sure his snoring was annoyingly loud, but if he put up with mine, I can put up with his.

GUESS WHOS GOING TO PROM WITH PHYSICAL THERAPY BOY

🙋‍♀️

he asked me to his school's prom at my last appointment, AND I also found out he's also there for an acl injury but he's pretty much good to play again (he plays HOCKEY)

ANYWAY

this isn't my best work but I hope you enjoyed!!

<3, J

p.s 'until tomorrow' pt 2 is scheduled to upload at 9:30 (pst) 🤫