five

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ I THINK IVE SEEN THIS FILM BEFORE
AND I DIDNT LIKE THE ENDING
taylor swift + bon iver

ADI BLUE stared at herself in the mirror, dragging her palms down the tight black dress adorning her tan skin.

"Do I look okay?" She asked, locking eyes with Helena through the mirror as she tilted her head to the side.

Helena nodded, the strong smell of Gucci Flora hitting Adi's nose as she placed her head on the blondes shoulder. "You're a stunner."

Adi smiled, patting the girls face as the two began to head over to the Hughes household, cars already beginning to line up.

Helena walked in first, Adi trailing behind as she stared at all of the decorations, baby pictures of the boy scattered on a table.

A smile came to her lips as she paused, lifting a photo as she held it delicately.

Little Luke was beaming at the camera, sticking his tongue out with Adi wrapped in his arms, holding his hockey stick.

"I remember that like it was yesterday." Ellen hummed, coming beside the girl.

Adi placed it back down with a nod. "The good old days, huh? Where is everyone?"

"Uh, the families outside." Ellen glanced around. "I believe so are the boys. I need to keep my head on a swivel when they're all home."

Adi chuckled, watching Ellen wipe her forehead. "You're doing a great job mama Els. I should go make my rounds."

Ellen thanked her, squeezing her shoulder as Adi slipped from the dining room, opening the backdoor.

She breathed deeply, scanning the many familiar faces as groups were gathered, Helena no where to be seen.

"Hey, kid." A voice jeered, tugging the bottom of her hair softly.

Adi swatted the hand away, the angry expression on her features quickly dying as she faced him. "Huggybear!" She wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him tightly. "If it isn't my favorite Hughes."

Quinn puckered his lips, adjusting the collar of his shirt. "You know it. So, you excited?"

"Yes." Adi twisted her face. "Is he nervous?"

"Shitting his pants." Quinn nodded, sipping his beer. "I'm really happy for him. He's been waiting for this his whole life."

Adi glanced towards him, her breath hitching as he grinned, smoothing his suit out. "Yeah, no. He looks great."

Quinn cocked a brow with a chuckle. "I never said he looked bad."

Adi flushed with embarrassment, shaking her head. "What? I know, I was just, like, being nice. It's his draft day."

Quinn hummed with narrowed eyes. "I'm sure, Ads. I better catch a move on it, your man is coming."

Adi shot him daggers before being bear hugged by the youngest Hughes, a small laugh leaving her glossed lips as she was placed back on the ground.

"Hi, Ads." Luke glanced down at her.

"Hi, Lukey." Adi peered up towards him. "How are you feeling?"

Luke shrugged. "A lot of emotions. Like, a lot."

"You'll be fine." Adi waved him off. "Any team is lucky to have you."

"Thank you." Luke blushed slightly.

Adi lifted her hands, adjusting his buttoned shirt, then his suit jacket. "See, now you look ready for a draft."

"What would I do without you?" Luke placed a hand to his heart.