seventeen

ੈ✩‧₊˚ 'CAUSE THERE WE ARE AGAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
WE'RE DANCIN AROUND THE KITCHEN IN THE REFRIGERATOR LIGHT.
taylor swift

THE ART of sneaking out was an adrenaline rush for Adi Blue, even when she was sprinting across her front yard just next door at midnight.

He stood on the back patio, holding the door open for her she closed his fence, stepping into the warm household as he worked quickly to shut the door.

"You sure she didn't see you?" Luke muttered, switching the dim light switch on.

"Positive." Adi reassured with a nod. "Are your parents awake?"

Luke shook his head. "Nope. Between New Years yesterday and dropping off Quinn and Jack at the airport, they're knocked out."

"Good." Adi hummed, wrapping her arms around his neck as she kissed him, his hands working to her back, pulling her flush against him.

"I missed you." Luke blinked, cradling the side of her face in his large palm.

Adi chuckled softly, looking up at him. "I just saw you a few hours ago."

"Few hours ago too much." He shrugged with pursued lips, the sound of his stomach growling made his cheeks turn red with embarrassment.

"Why don't we get food?" Adi cocked a brow. "Sounds like you're craving."

Luke rolled his eyes playfully as he led them into the kitchen, pulling open his fridge as he searched through it.

"Are those leftover chocolate covered strawberries." Adi nearly moaned at the sight, peeking over her boyfriend's larger frame. 

"Yes ma'am." Luke grabbed the wrapped plate, placing it down on the island behind her.

Adi tapped her fingers along the draws, staring at the many options.

Luke grabbed her waist, spinning her around to face him as she squealed. He held a finger to his lips before his hands worked to meet her palms.

"Are you trying to dance with me, Lukey?" Adi tilted her head slightly with confusion. "In the kitchen?"

"With the refrigerator light." Luke added before spinning her against him. The two swayed slightly, Adi finding the small moment tinging her heart before the fridge beeping had them both muffling their giggles as they shut it.

They scurried up to his room, Adi clutching the tray tightly as he locked his bedroom door. He laid on his back, holding her as she handed him a strawberry.

"I like these." Adi murmured, her cheek flat against his stomach as his hand knotted in her hair.

"The strawberries?" Luke asked, licking his lips from the mix of chocolate and the sweetness of the fruit.

Adi shook her head with a short laugh, wiping her mouth. "Well, yes. But nights like these. You know, just spending time together."

Luke finished his fourth strawberry. "Me too. I love when you sneak out of your house and will totally get me whooped if my mom found out."

"Uh, my mom would ground me for life." Adi rolled her eyes, sitting up closer to him.

"Technically, we are adults." Luke corrected. "And plus, it's just a little sleepover. You'll be back in bed in a few hours."

Adi nodded, dragging her tongue along her bottom lip. "Just make sure you set an alarm this time, yeah?"

Luke snorted slightly as he recalled, taking his phone as he opened the clock app. "Thanks for reminding me."

She snuggled up into his ribcage, the soft fluttering of his heart in her ear drum.

His hands played with the bottoms of her hair, his soothing touches growing slow and weak as he began to snore lightly.

Adi leaned up, kissing the side of his head before shutting her eyes. She couldn't fall asleep, she was too scared.

Not because she was scared of the alarm not stirring her awake, but because she was found herself taking in every single small moment with the boy.

It was like her gut was telling her to remember everything, every hi, goodbye, kiss, hug, the words he spoke. Anything and everything.

And she did. Because in two months from now...change was going to bloom.

inching closer and closerrr
also, plz ignore the time skip this
story is abt to have.
it's only getting juicier (heartbreaking)