thirty seven

ੈ✩‧₊˚  WILL WE EVER LEARN?
WE'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE.
harry styles

THE TIME of the year where it was Fourth of July and Adi could barely contain her excitement in her small red set.

Luke watched her like a hawk, sitting in one of the lawn chairs, beer in hand as she danced with Helena, swaying her hips in a way that had him shifting.

"Lukey!" Adi hurried over to him, reaching for his hands to pull him to his feet.

Quinn smiled softly at the pair, grateful that he was able to talk sense into his youngest brother. The two swayed slightly to the beat of the song.

The night was playing out how it usually did, hot dogs, alcohol, loud music, and fireworks coming from every direction.

This time, the party was hosted by Faye, their large dock and backyard space filled with family and friends.

Jack had gotten plastered, sitting as the group sat around the fire, talking amongst themselves.

"So, Lukey." Cole grasped the boy's attention. "How was your first year? Be honest, did you get laid?"

Luke's face tightened, feeling Adis eyes shift to his side profile. "Eh, no."

"Don't lie, bro." Jack laugh was loud, the back of his hand coming to shove at Luke's shoulder. "I was the best wingman ever. I got him laid the first week of even being in Jersey."

Adi could feel her stomach turn, her heart beginning to pulse at a rate that had her knuckles turning white.

"It wasn't anything." Luke shook his head, his eyes seeing the way Adi tensed up. "Seriously, Jack, stop."

"What?" Jack shrugged, taking a long sip from his can. "They saw each other for weeks until she wanted a relationship. But Luke got puck bunnies in every state."

Adi was pale as she listened to Jack completely expose his brother without even realizing the damage he had been doing to the blonde.

"I think we get it." Quinn hushed him, his eyes snapping to Adi as she stood, walking away from the group.

"Was it something I said?" Jack asked at her abrupt flee.

"I'm going to fucking kill you one day." Luke cursed, turning quickly to find Adi, following her inside and up the steps before her door was slammed shut in his face.

Luke wanted to knock but he knew she'd tell him to go away. So, he invaded her space and went it with no warning. She had her hands over her face, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Ads." Luke said with caution, knowing the girl could blow like a fire hydrant in any given moment. "Will you please just let me explain?"

"Explain what?" Adi didn't look at him. "I'm not even angry that you hooked up with girls. I'm upset that it only took you a week to start having sex, Luke. A week? Seriously?"

Luke had regret written in fine ink across his forehead as it wrinkled. "I know. I was just distraught and I didn't know what else to do, okay?"

"So, sticking it some random chick cured the void? Good to know." Adi chuckled with sarcasm. "I can't kiss a guy but you can go rack up bodies?"

"He wasn't just a guy, Adi Blue. He was my friend. These are random girls that you don't even know!"
Luke defended.

"And you think I'm the slut?" Adi leaned back with a sigh, so angry that she began to laugh in disbelief. "Why'd you try and lie?"

Luke searched for answers in his own head. "I don't know. I really don't. I was...I was lonely, okay? She threw herself at me and it was the only thing that could take my mind off you."

"Why did you try and lie?" Adi watched as he bent down, crouching before her as he took her hands in his.

"I didn't want to be put on the spot." Luke admitted, shaking his head. "I was going to tell you, I swear. I just got you back, Adi."

Adi blinked, feeling his thumb rock back and forth on her knuckles, squeezing them slightly as he was afraid to let go. "I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy."

"Please, Adi." Luke now cupped her cheeks forcing their eyes to lock. "I was going to tell you, I was. I'd never hide anything from you."

She leaned forwards, their foreheads pressing together as she muttered. "Consider this strike one."

Adi Blue no matter how many strikes he had, he'd never be out. He knew it deep down inside, too. He laid on his back, her head coming to rest on his shoulder as their hearts synced.

Silence crept around her room, even with the noise at a thin, their hearts still understood each other. In a way that terrified her, no matter what she did or who she met, her soul, his and hers, were connected forever.

He kissed the top of her head, holding her in a way that she felt fragile and like she'd break at any moment from the tightness of his biceps. Don't he fooled, she didn't complain.

only a few more to go 💔💔
BUT i am writing one of absolute
fav stories rn out so soon
yes, duh, it involves jack hughes.