eleven

ੈ✩‧₊˚ I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW
THAT THIS IS ME TRYING
AT LEAST IM TRYING
taylor swift

ADI BLUE was described in many ways by many people. Adi Blue was the type to get you attached and then push you away because of her own self sabotage.

She had her arms crossed, the thick sweater over her as the month of July was rolling to an end, meaning college was just around the corner.

For the past morning and afternoon, she avoided Luke Hughes at all costs. She shied away from his touches and his visible stares.

She had her face in her hands, staring down at the lake as she swayed her feet over the dock.

A body came to sit beside her, she knew immediately who it was.

"Adi..." Luke swallowed, picking at his nail bed. "Am I...What did I do wrong? Please, talk to me."

"Nothing." Adi shook her head, bringing her knees to her chest as she herself knew he'd done nothing wrong. "I'm fine."

Luke blinked. "I don't understand. We were fine just yesterday and now...you won't even look at me today. If we're moving too fast..."

"Stop." Adi cut him off, making his lips snap shut in a flat line. "Luke, I...I don't know what's the matter with me. I'm just scared."

"Scared of what?" Luke furrowed his brows, his eyes desperately running over her side profile. "It's me, Adi."

Adi tightened her jaw with frustration. "That's the thing, Luke. It's you. I mean, what happens when your time at Michigan is up? You're moving across the country. You're gonna be in the NHL for crying out loud!"

"So?" Luke blinked. "Do you really think I wouldn't put you first? If you don't want me to go..."

"No, no, no." Adi cut him off once more. "See! The last thing I want is to be the reason you don't pursue your dream. Let's be honest, Luke, we'll never make it work."

Luke fell quiet, licking his lips. "You seem to not want to try."

"Of course I do, Luke." Adi brought her brows together, finally locking eyes with him. "All I've ever wanted was you."

"You're pushing me away." Luke mumbled, shaking his head slightly.

Adi broke their eye contact, staring down at her hands in her lap. "I can't help it."

"I'm not waiting for you anymore, Adi." Luke said in a pained tone, shuffling as he stood up.

Adi stood, like it was a natural reaction. "Luke."

He paused, turning to face her. The distraught look taking over his features made her bottom lip quiver. "What?"

"I...I care about you. I want to be with you, trust me, I do." Adi argued, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Maybe you were right." Luke crossed his arms. "We're better off as friends."

Adi could feel her face paling as she stayed silent.

"It's not my fault." Luke added. "It's not my fault that I fell in love with my best friend. And it's not my fault that I've felt like that for years."

Adi could feel her eyes prim with tears, the repetitive statement, "It's all your fault!", repeating in her head over and over again.

She watched him walk away, she watched and she didn't move. She let him slip away from her.

Adi groaned, tugging the roots of her hair with anger as she stared out towards the lake, the calmness of it representing the complete opposite of her mind in that moment.

It was easier when they were kids, when feelings and a stupid peck on this lips meant nothing. But they weren't kids anymore, they'd never be those kids again.

"Guys, this is stupid." Adi shook her head, sitting up on her knees as she stared at the bottle being placed in the center of the circle.

The group of preteens sat around in Mason Connor's basement, the empty bottle of sparking water taunting them as the nerves and hormones weren't for the weak.

"Let's have some fun, Blue." Masons gaped teeth flashed her as he placed his hand on the bottle, pointing it towards her. "Who ever it lands on, you have to kiss."

Adi pushed her bottom lip slightly, "I haven't even had my first kiss yet, Mason. Aren't they supposed to be special?"

"Come on, Adi." Helena shrugged, nudging her slightly as the brunette girl eyed Mason, blushing.

Adi rolled her eyes, giving in. She could feel her hand shake as she spun it, watching it spin slowly. Every spin made her heart flutter.

"And..." Mason spoke with anticipation. "Luke Hughes!"

Adi widened her eyes, her eyes lifting to meet Luke's gaze, his face pale as he blinked. He ran his tongue over the fresh braces on his teeth, shifting awkwardly.

"Come on, kiss ." Helena jeered, looking between them.

"They don't have too." Carson folded her arms, fluttering her gaze towards Luke with a small smile.

Adi rolled her eyes at the redhead. "Only if Luke wants too."

"Yes." Luke hummed with a nod, chuckling stiffly. "I mean, like, sure, yeah."

The two moved closer to one another, Adi bringing a hand to his chin as he held her arm, their lips meeting for ten seconds before the two quickly pulled away, earning cheers from their peers.

Adi Blue just had her first kiss . Adi Blue just kissed Luke Hughes. Adi Blue is falling in love with Luke Hughes.

thank u for 4k 💖💖
also, thinking abt writing another
jack story but with the 2019 team 🤭🤭
YES OR NO??