thirty two

ੈ✩‧₊˚  I WANNA TASTE HER LIPS BECAUSE THEY TASTE LIKE YOU
I WANNA DROWN MYSELF IN A BOTTLE OF HER PERFUME
harry styles cover

"WHAT ARE you waiting for?" Faye asked, raising her brows as she stood outside of the passenger window, staring in at her daughter. "Let's go."

Adi whined, tugging at her flowly dress that adorned her tan. "I don't understand why I have to go. This is so stupid."

Faye crossed her arms with a stern expression. "You know the country club hosts one every year. I've gotten you out of them for the past two years. It'll be fun."

"Yeah, for you." Adi rolled her eyes, trailing behind her mother.

The country club was packed with the most respected people in Canton Michigan, her mother's booming business earning herself a title. She tapped her foot impatiently, forcing laughter and faking smiles before walking to her assigned seat.

She narrowed her eyes at the placeholders, their names written in fine ink. That's when she saw it, her face drawing close with confusion.

"Mom." Adi could feel her hands shake. "I thought you were kidding when you said the Hughes were invited."

Faye shrugged with pursued lips. "When you have three sons in the NHL, you're going to be the talk of the neighborhood, honey."

It was almost as if their ears rang, the family
of five came strolling in, wearing their best attire.

But time stopped for Adi Blue as her stare lingered on Luke Hughes, his arm draped over a familiar face. And there she was, glowing with her ginger hair flowing freely in loose curls, Carson Reed.

She turned her back quickly, blowing out a breath as she sat down, glancing up at the ceiling to avoid the waterworks threatening to seep through.

"Hi!" Ellen's sweet voice rang in her ears, the woman coming over to hug the two, along with her husband.

Neither Quinn, Jack, nor Luke looked in Adis direction, instead taking their seats. Carson's sweet smell of flowers filled her nose as she sat beside her, the ginger placing a hand on Adis arm.

"Hey, Ads." Carson smiled with a slight scrunch of her nose.

Adi could feel her leg shaking as she shifted her chair, shaking her head at the girl as she couldn't care to reply back, the phoniness practically seeping off her.

Carson Reed had taken Luke to her advantage, constantly leaning on him, pecking his lips for a moment. Luke would let his gaze travel to Adi once in a while, knowing it was getting under her skin.

"So, how was your first year, Adi?" Jim asked, cracking her a friendly grin. "Making friends?"

"Oh, she's making friends." Luke hummed, locking eyes with her as he downed the rest of his water. "You know Luca Fantilli? Yeah, real close with him. Isn't that right, blue bug?"

Adi's brows scrunched, her lips pulling back as she narrowed her eyes at the curly headed boy. "Shut up."

"Why?" Luke shrugged with a tilt of his head. "I'm not the one who did it."

"Stop acting so fucking innocent." Adi gritted through teeth, his hands tightening into fists. "What? You think trying to get with girls at Michigan isn't going to be spread around? So, tell me, Hughesy, did she come to any of your games?"

Luke shifted, seeming caught off guard. "Stop trying to switch this one me. I didn't do anything wrong."

Adi cackled, obnoxiously. "God, when did you become so funny? Correct me if I'm wrong but..." Her eyes shifted to Carson. "You're here with the girl you apparently hate and you think is the most annoying person on this planet. Seems a little desperate, huh?"

Carson visibly saddened, cocking her head over to look at Luke.

"You're a brat." Luke spat, tightening his jaw. "A real fucking brat."

"Yeah? Well you're an asshole!" Adi got louder, earning estranged gazes from other guests around her.

Faye placed a hand on her daughter shoulder. "Enough, Adi. Luke, too. The both of you stop."

"I need air." Adi stood up abruptly, her heels clicking with force as she stomped towards the entrance.

When Adi Blue lost Luke, she never imagined she'd lose all three of them.

CLIFFHANGER.