ninteen

ੈ✩‧₊˚ AND I GET THE FEELING THAT YOU'LL NEVER NEED ME AGAIN
harry styles

"DID YOU know we're looking at 2000 stars right now?" Adi squeaked, lying on her back in the grass, Luke beside her as they stared up at the night sky.

"Really?" Luke asked, turning to look at her side profile as she nodded. "And how do you know that?"

Adi chuckled, the braces on her teeth a fresh hot
pink. "Because I pay attention in earth science, silly."

"We're learning about astronomy?" Luke couldn't tear his eyes from her, forgetting all about Ms. Kirks class.

Adi turned her head, locking eyes with the boy. "You sit right across from me, Lukey. How do you not know?"

"Maybe because I'm too busy looking at someone else."
Luke shrugged shyly.

Blood rushed to her cheeks, the thirteen year old glad it had been night, knowing she was an embarrassing shade of red. "Wonder who."

"You." Luke lifted his finger to press against her nose. "Who knows...maybe we'll date in college or something."

Adi chuckled softly. "Yeah, maybe. I'll get pretty in college."

"You're already the prettiest girl I've ever seen, Adi Blue." Luke linked their pinkies together before they both turned to look up at the night sky.

Adi blinked, goosebumps crawling on her skin. She was no longer a pre-teen. She was eighteen years old, sitting on the deck of Jacobs home, listening to her friends inside celebrating her boyfriend's departure.

The smell of his cologne filled her nose as he sighed, sitting beside her as he followed her gaze, looking up at the sky.

He chuckled softly. "Do you remember what you told me when we were kids?" He asked, she gave him a puzzling look. "That there were 2000 stars in the sky that were visible to us."

Of course she remembered. She chuckled softly, taking a swig of her alcohol. "Yeah. Astronomy was always my favorite part of science."

"Oh, I know." Luke hummed with a nod. "You would come to my house everyday with your new fact, even though I was in that class."

"It was just an excuse." Adi admitted, looking down at her can. "I just wanted an excuse to come over."

Luke brought his fingers to host her chin up. Adi flickered her eyes between his. She crumbled.

Her arms flew around him, his arms holding her tightly as his face was twisted with confusion. His features quickly softened, however, when he heard the small cries leaving her.

Adi cried and cried, not caring about the streaks going down her makeup. Luke pressed his cheek hard against hers, his hands running up and down her clothed back.

She pulled away, sniffling as his hands cupped her cheeks, wiping the tears from beneath her eyes. "Ads..."

"This is so stupid." She groaned. "I'm crying. I don't even know why I'm crying."

Luke had his lips in a flat line as he took the drink from her and placed it on the ground. "Maybe because you've had one too many of these."

"Yeah." Adi clicked her tongue with an eyebrow raised. "Totally not because the love of my life is moving to New Jersey and is going to forget about me."

"I'm not going to forget about you." Luke reassured her, moving her hair from her face. "I promise you."

Adi nodded. She didn't say anything else, she didn't have anything to say. No matter what she said or what she did could change the fact that this was his last time sitting here with her on Jacobs porch.

They both knew it.

11k 💘🤗🫶