thirty six

ੈ✩‧₊˚ STOP TRYING TO KEEP US ALIVE
YOU CANT FORCE THE STARS TO ALIGN WHEN THEY'VE ALREADY DIED
conan gray

ADI BLUE rubbed her eyes, staring at her phone screen, her vision flicking towards the late time. She groaned, throwing a sweatshirt over her head as she tiptoed down the steps and out the back door.

"Luke?" She asked, her feet meeting the dock as she stared at his backside with confusion. "What?"

Luke turned around at the sound of her voice, she could right away from his expression that he had been nervous. "I need to apologize."

Adi cocked a brow, leaning against the wooden deck as she stared blankly at him.

"I fucked up in a lot of ways, Adi." Luke furrowed his brows. "What I said last night at the bonfire was so fucked. It's just, like, seeing you with Luca couldn't process in my mind."

"That doesn't give you the right to agree that i'm a slut." Adi clicked her tongue with an eye roll.

"I know, okay?" Luke pinched the bridge of his nose. "I fucked up. It's just...seeing you with Luca made me feel a way I haven't felt since I was sixteen."

Adi twisted her face with confusion. "Can you elaborate?"

"It was the day of Jacks draft." Luke sighed lowly, blinking. "We all went out for dinner and you wore the prettiest red dress. He told you, you looked beautiful and you blushed so hard." Luke paused, not being able to look at her. "I know he was saying it to be nice but the way you looked at him made me want to jump across the table and wipe that smirk off his face."

Adi had her lips parted, knowing his jealousy was rooted. "So, you just wanna beat the shit out of any guy that breathes near me?"

"Yes." Luke didn't hesitate. "I'm not much of a fighter, either."

Adi stifled a laugh, in that moment, it felt like it was back to normal before the mess of true feelings had gotten in the way. "You hurt me, Luke."

"I know." Luke rolled his lips into his mouth. "What I said about hating you? It's not true. You know that, right?"

"Heat of the moment." Adi nodded, thinking about that night made her skin crawl. "What I said about not wanting you, Luke, I didn't mean it. Of course I still want you."

Luke blinked, surprised. "You do? I thought you'd hate me."

"I wanted too, fuck, maybe I still want too." Adi shrugged. "But when I lost you, I lost my best friend, too."

"I really needed you." Luke admitted. "There was so many times after a game I wanted to call you because I knew the sound of your voice overpowered any problem."

Adi wanted to cry at the rawness of his words, it made her head spin. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there."

"That is not your fault." Luke stepped towards her, still keeping a distance. "I ended things with you, Adi. There's no one else to blame but myself."

"I just wished you didn't push me away." Adi hadn't noticed she'd been frowning. "Because I really needed you too, Hughes."

"You're a good person, Blue." Luke ran his eyes over her face. "I never deserved your love."

Adi shook her head, her hands shaking as they were now inches apart. It felt like years since she'd been this close, the smell of his cologne like a warm hug. "Yes you did. You still do."

Luke flickered his eyes between hers. "I thought if I made you hate me, I'd be easier for you to forget."

"Nothing that you could ever do with make me hate you." She brought her hand up with hesitation, her thumb stroking his cheekbone. "And you're especially stupid to think I can ever forget you."

"You make me feel weak." Luke muttered, the way her thumb moved back and forth against his skin made him shutter.

Adi Blue felt her breath hitch in her throat, her bright eyes flicking down to his lips. "Kiss me, Luke."

Luke knitted his brows slightly, the smell of peaches invading him. "Are you sure? Because if I do, I'm not sure that I can ever stop. Not anymore, not being able to kiss you drove me mental."

Adi chuckled lightly, staring at him with hungry eyes. He's was still her boy. "I'm positive. Now shut up and kiss me."

Luke dipped his head down, meeting her lips as their bodies curved into one another, one hand cupping her cheek as the other kept her body pinned to his.

They pulled away, foreheads touching as they both grinned, kid-like. Adi let her eyes flutter shut, the wind knocked out of her.

"Fuck, I missed you." Luke tightened his arms around her with such force she let out an exhale.

"I missed you." Adi ran her fingers through the flop of curls on his head. "We'll make this work, yeah?"

"I don't care how we do it. I'm not losing you again." Luke nodded, pressing his lips to the side of her head as she hummed.

Every ounce of anger she had from Luke burned into ash the second his lips met hers. She didn't know how he kept such a spell on her, but he did.

And Adi vouched to do everything in her power to keep them alive...but sometimes we make mistakes, how much can you forgive someone before it burns you both alive?

me making them kiss 🙂
me also plotting if u couldn't tell 😏